Havering police warn of smooth-talking conman
A crafty conman who is tricking Havering’s elderly out of their bank details, is being hunted by police.
The smooth-talking phone crook, who claims to be from a bank, tells his victim there is a problem with their cash card, before persuading them to give up their account number and pin.
The man or an accomplice - acting as a courier - then picks up the card, before withdrawing huge sums from the victim’s account.
Detectives have now released this image of a man they would like to talk to in relation to the incidents.
DC Terry Furzer, from Havering CID, said: “Havering residents are being asked to be aware of this con artist. We are working closely with banks locally who have advised that they would never ask for customers to disclose their pin numbers.”
You may also want to watch:
Any information should be passed on to DC Furzer on: 101.
- 1 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 5 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 6 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 7 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 10 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter