Havering police warn of smooth-talking conman
A crafty conman who is tricking Havering’s elderly out of their bank details, is being hunted by police.
The smooth-talking phone crook, who claims to be from a bank, tells his victim there is a problem with their cash card, before persuading them to give up their account number and pin.
The man or an accomplice - acting as a courier - then picks up the card, before withdrawing huge sums from the victim’s account.
Detectives have now released this image of a man they would like to talk to in relation to the incidents.
DC Terry Furzer, from Havering CID, said: “Havering residents are being asked to be aware of this con artist. We are working closely with banks locally who have advised that they would never ask for customers to disclose their pin numbers.”
You may also want to watch:
Any information should be passed on to DC Furzer on: 101.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 7 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 8 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel