Havering police cadets top in London after record-breaking victory
- Credit: Archant
Future crimefighters have done their best to show Havering is in safe hands for years to come by picking up a Met-wide award for a record-breaking second year running.
The borough’s volunteer police cadets scooped 1st place at this year’s Thriftwood Cadet competition in Brentwood over the weekend.
The teenagers saw off contenders from 15 other boroughs when tested on their skill, knowledge and fitness.
And for the second year running, they won all three of the competitions they entered, including a stretcher run, shield run, assault course, log run and raft race.
Cadet coordinator Pc Matt Ingram said: “Having won first place in all three competitions last year, there was a large expectation on them to do well.
You may also want to watch:
“This achievement has never been done before in the history of the Thriftwood Competition spanning over twenty years.”
“I would like to thank the organisers, Barking and Dagenham cadet staff, Daryl Bonas, Steve Rhodes and their team of helpers.”
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 7 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 8 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
The volunteer police cadets are supported by the Met and open to ages 13-18. The aim of the organisation is to teach life skills, social responsibility and build positive relationships between young people and the police.
The group meets regularly and visits police units, listening to speakers, sporting activities, camps and the Duke of Edinburgh award.
The junior police provides a safe consistent activity for ages 10-13 as they transition from primary to secondary school.
To find out more visit content.met.police.uk/Site/cadets. To apply to join the Havering cadets, email Matt.Ingram@met.police.uk.