Havering officer attacked by road rage thugs
An off-duty police officer was left shaken after being a victim of road rage in Romford.
The unnamed Havering Pc was attacked on Wednesday June 22, while driving to work in his white Mercedes car.
As he approached Gallows Corner roundabout, a white Ford Transit van with three white men - all aged around 25-30 years old and of average height - cut across the officer causing him to break suddenly.
One of the men - wearing dark jogging bottoms and a grey top - leapt from the van and threw a heavy object at the officer’s car, smashing the windscreen before driving off at speed.
“The officer was shaken but followed the men,” said a police spokesman, “and at Pettits Lane the Ford Transit stopped suddenly and reversed into the officer’s car ramming the front of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
The van then sped through red traffic lights and drove at speed along the London-bound A12.
Anyone with information should call call Vicki Dyer on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal