Havering officer attacked by road rage thugs
An off-duty police officer was left shaken after being a victim of road rage in Romford.
The unnamed Havering Pc was attacked on Wednesday June 22, while driving to work in his white Mercedes car.
As he approached Gallows Corner roundabout, a white Ford Transit van with three white men - all aged around 25-30 years old and of average height - cut across the officer causing him to break suddenly.
One of the men - wearing dark jogging bottoms and a grey top - leapt from the van and threw a heavy object at the officer’s car, smashing the windscreen before driving off at speed.
“The officer was shaken but followed the men,” said a police spokesman, “and at Pettits Lane the Ford Transit stopped suddenly and reversed into the officer’s car ramming the front of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
The van then sped through red traffic lights and drove at speed along the London-bound A12.
Anyone with information should call call Vicki Dyer on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell