Havering officer attacked by road rage thugs
An off-duty police officer was left shaken after being a victim of road rage in Romford.
The unnamed Havering Pc was attacked on Wednesday June 22, while driving to work in his white Mercedes car.
As he approached Gallows Corner roundabout, a white Ford Transit van with three white men - all aged around 25-30 years old and of average height - cut across the officer causing him to break suddenly.
One of the men - wearing dark jogging bottoms and a grey top - leapt from the van and threw a heavy object at the officer’s car, smashing the windscreen before driving off at speed.
“The officer was shaken but followed the men,” said a police spokesman, “and at Pettits Lane the Ford Transit stopped suddenly and reversed into the officer’s car ramming the front of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
The van then sped through red traffic lights and drove at speed along the London-bound A12.
Anyone with information should call call Vicki Dyer on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 10 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault