Havering man linked to nine burglaries jumps from upstairs window in police raid
- Credit: Archant
A man who is wanted in connection with nine burglaries was arrested in a police raid after he jumped from an upstairs window.
Officers went to an unnamed location in Havering today (Monday, January, 22) to conduct an early morning arrest enquiry.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “The male was found at the location and proceeded to jump from an upstairs window in an escape attempt.
“He was swiftly detained outside the address.
“The male is wanted for approximately nine burglary offences and was arrested.”
You may also want to watch:
This arrest was just one of many endeavours carried out under Operation Mexico to combat burglary.
Councillor Khayer Chowdhury said: “Wherever they live, wherever they burgle, they will be chased relentlessly.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“Burglars and robbers can run for a short while but they cannot hide, it will be a matter of time until they are arrested and taken down.”