Havering man linked to nine burglaries jumps from upstairs window in police raid
- Credit: Archant
A man who is wanted in connection with nine burglaries was arrested in a police raid after he jumped from an upstairs window.
Officers went to an unnamed location in Havering today (Monday, January, 22) to conduct an early morning arrest enquiry.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “The male was found at the location and proceeded to jump from an upstairs window in an escape attempt.
“He was swiftly detained outside the address.
“The male is wanted for approximately nine burglary offences and was arrested.”
You may also want to watch:
This arrest was just one of many endeavours carried out under Operation Mexico to combat burglary.
Councillor Khayer Chowdhury said: “Wherever they live, wherever they burgle, they will be chased relentlessly.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 3 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
“Burglars and robbers can run for a short while but they cannot hide, it will be a matter of time until they are arrested and taken down.”