Havering man linked to nine burglaries jumps from upstairs window in police raid
- Credit: Archant
A man who is wanted in connection with nine burglaries was arrested in a police raid after he jumped from an upstairs window.
Officers went to an unnamed location in Havering today (Monday, January, 22) to conduct an early morning arrest enquiry.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “The male was found at the location and proceeded to jump from an upstairs window in an escape attempt.
“He was swiftly detained outside the address.
“The male is wanted for approximately nine burglary offences and was arrested.”
You may also want to watch:
This arrest was just one of many endeavours carried out under Operation Mexico to combat burglary.
Councillor Khayer Chowdhury said: “Wherever they live, wherever they burgle, they will be chased relentlessly.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 3 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 7 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 8 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
“Burglars and robbers can run for a short while but they cannot hide, it will be a matter of time until they are arrested and taken down.”