Havering man linked to nine burglaries jumps from upstairs window in police raid
- Credit: Archant
A man who is wanted in connection with nine burglaries was arrested in a police raid after he jumped from an upstairs window.
Officers went to an unnamed location in Havering today (Monday, January, 22) to conduct an early morning arrest enquiry.
A Met Police spokeswoman said: “The male was found at the location and proceeded to jump from an upstairs window in an escape attempt.
“He was swiftly detained outside the address.
“The male is wanted for approximately nine burglary offences and was arrested.”
This arrest was just one of many endeavours carried out under Operation Mexico to combat burglary.
Councillor Khayer Chowdhury said: “Wherever they live, wherever they burgle, they will be chased relentlessly.
- 1 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 2 Shop worker racially abused in Brentwood Tesco
- 3 Man charged with murder of 'loving father' from Romford
- 4 Property spotlight: The origins of Havering’s planned garden city
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'genuine soul' fatally stabbed on birthday weekend
- 6 Man dies after Romford car park incident
- 7 Stakeholders' silence over Romford's The Liberty sale reports
- 8 Estate agency opens first Havering branch in Hornchurch
- 9 'No one ever consulted me': Rejected microbrewery owner raises questions after application knocked back
- 10 Cranham woman ‘near to tears’ after 7.5-hour wait with painful tooth infection
“Burglars and robbers can run for a short while but they cannot hide, it will be a matter of time until they are arrested and taken down.”