Havering Council to host fun housing events
- Credit: Archant
There will be a whole lot of fun, but unfortunately no prizes to be won, at a series of housing open days for tenants and leaseholders.
The Residents’ Service Days will see Havering Council staff on hand to answer questions about its various departments.
Residents will get advice about tenancy rules, repairs, welfare reform, housing allocation and renting in the private sector.
Younger visitors will also be entertained with face painting, bouncy castles and, for the more adventurous, circus skills workshops.
Cllr Damian White, cabinet member for housing, said: “I hope tenants, leaseholders and residents are able to make their way down to one of our service days.”
You may also want to watch:
The first fun day will be held in Romford Market on Wednesday from 9am-4pm.
The other events will be held at Oldchurch Gardens, Rush Green on August 13, 12-5pm, Queenstown Gardens, Rainham on August 20, 12-5pm and Kings Lynn Gardens, Harold Hill on August 27, 12-5pm.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
Also available for the culinary minded will be cooking demonstrations to show people how to create tasty, healthy meals on a budget.
For more information, contact the council on 01708 434668 or 434000.