Havering Council to host fun housing events
- Credit: Archant
There will be a whole lot of fun, but unfortunately no prizes to be won, at a series of housing open days for tenants and leaseholders.
The Residents’ Service Days will see Havering Council staff on hand to answer questions about its various departments.
Residents will get advice about tenancy rules, repairs, welfare reform, housing allocation and renting in the private sector.
Younger visitors will also be entertained with face painting, bouncy castles and, for the more adventurous, circus skills workshops.
Cllr Damian White, cabinet member for housing, said: “I hope tenants, leaseholders and residents are able to make their way down to one of our service days.”
You may also want to watch:
The first fun day will be held in Romford Market on Wednesday from 9am-4pm.
The other events will be held at Oldchurch Gardens, Rush Green on August 13, 12-5pm, Queenstown Gardens, Rainham on August 20, 12-5pm and Kings Lynn Gardens, Harold Hill on August 27, 12-5pm.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
Also available for the culinary minded will be cooking demonstrations to show people how to create tasty, healthy meals on a budget.
For more information, contact the council on 01708 434668 or 434000.