Havering Council to host fun housing events
- Credit: Archant
There will be a whole lot of fun, but unfortunately no prizes to be won, at a series of housing open days for tenants and leaseholders.
The Residents’ Service Days will see Havering Council staff on hand to answer questions about its various departments.
Residents will get advice about tenancy rules, repairs, welfare reform, housing allocation and renting in the private sector.
Younger visitors will also be entertained with face painting, bouncy castles and, for the more adventurous, circus skills workshops.
Cllr Damian White, cabinet member for housing, said: “I hope tenants, leaseholders and residents are able to make their way down to one of our service days.”
You may also want to watch:
The first fun day will be held in Romford Market on Wednesday from 9am-4pm.
The other events will be held at Oldchurch Gardens, Rush Green on August 13, 12-5pm, Queenstown Gardens, Rainham on August 20, 12-5pm and Kings Lynn Gardens, Harold Hill on August 27, 12-5pm.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
Also available for the culinary minded will be cooking demonstrations to show people how to create tasty, healthy meals on a budget.
For more information, contact the council on 01708 434668 or 434000.