Havering Council to host fun housing events
- Credit: Archant
There will be a whole lot of fun, but unfortunately no prizes to be won, at a series of housing open days for tenants and leaseholders.
The Residents’ Service Days will see Havering Council staff on hand to answer questions about its various departments.
Residents will get advice about tenancy rules, repairs, welfare reform, housing allocation and renting in the private sector.
Younger visitors will also be entertained with face painting, bouncy castles and, for the more adventurous, circus skills workshops.
Cllr Damian White, cabinet member for housing, said: “I hope tenants, leaseholders and residents are able to make their way down to one of our service days.”
You may also want to watch:
The first fun day will be held in Romford Market on Wednesday from 9am-4pm.
The other events will be held at Oldchurch Gardens, Rush Green on August 13, 12-5pm, Queenstown Gardens, Rainham on August 20, 12-5pm and Kings Lynn Gardens, Harold Hill on August 27, 12-5pm.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 8 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 9 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 10 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
Also available for the culinary minded will be cooking demonstrations to show people how to create tasty, healthy meals on a budget.
For more information, contact the council on 01708 434668 or 434000.