Havering college pupils assaulted in ‘unprovoked’ attack at bus stop
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy could require specialist facial treatment after he and his brother were beaten up at a bus stop.
Jake, 16, and Jordan Lane, 17, were pulled off the 173 bus and punched by a stranger at the bus stop opposite Tesco Express in Heathway, Dagenham, shortly before 5pm last night.
Rachael Hale, the boys’ cousin, said they were “upset and in shock” after they escaped their attacker on a later 175 bus.
“Jake had a tooth missing, he had a fat lip and was bleeding all over his face and hands,” said the Rainham resident.
“It was really distressing to watch.”
The pair, who attend Havering College and Havering Sixth Form College respectively, were rushed to an east London hospital just after 6pm last night.
Jordan was released this morning with minor facial injuries, but Jake has returned for a further check-up.
- 1 Proposal to bulldoze Romford shops to make way for 15 homes
- 2 'A social club for the community': 90-year-old Hornchurch snooker hall to close after 'losing battle' over lease
- 3 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
- 4 Plans for new Gidea Park fries and chicken takeaway rejected
- 5 Man on trial for Brentwood double murder was in 'flight mode', court hears
- 6 'I hadn’t done anything wrong’: Romford man wins five-month fight over parking fine
- 7 MP Julia Lopez announces resignation as minister and calls for PM to 'step aside'
- 8 Coroner: Romford man's death followed 'unacceptable failure' in care
- 9 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 10 Man arrested after allegedly begging while armed with hammer
“They were both so upset but they weren’t angry at all,” said Rachael. “They just wanted to know why it happened.”
A spokesman for Barking and Dagenham Police added that it was an “unprovoked and random attack”.
Police are looking for a white man in his early twenties, between 5ft 11 and 6ft 1 inches tall. He is believed to be wearing black glasses and carrying a black rucksack.
The incident is believed to have taken place between 4.55pm and 5.05pm at the Heathway bus stop opposite Tesco Express. Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 7423.