Havering college pupils assaulted in ‘unprovoked’ attack at bus stop
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy could require specialist facial treatment after he and his brother were beaten up at a bus stop.
Jake, 16, and Jordan Lane, 17, were pulled off the 173 bus and punched by a stranger at the bus stop opposite Tesco Express in Heathway, Dagenham, shortly before 5pm last night.
Rachael Hale, the boys’ cousin, said they were “upset and in shock” after they escaped their attacker on a later 175 bus.
“Jake had a tooth missing, he had a fat lip and was bleeding all over his face and hands,” said the Rainham resident.
“It was really distressing to watch.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair, who attend Havering College and Havering Sixth Form College respectively, were rushed to an east London hospital just after 6pm last night.
Jordan was released this morning with minor facial injuries, but Jake has returned for a further check-up.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 8 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
“They were both so upset but they weren’t angry at all,” said Rachael. “They just wanted to know why it happened.”
A spokesman for Barking and Dagenham Police added that it was an “unprovoked and random attack”.
Police are looking for a white man in his early twenties, between 5ft 11 and 6ft 1 inches tall. He is believed to be wearing black glasses and carrying a black rucksack.
The incident is believed to have taken place between 4.55pm and 5.05pm at the Heathway bus stop opposite Tesco Express. Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 7423.