Have you seen this gang suspected of robbing 100yr-old in Romford?
These are the pictures of the callous gang suspected of robbing a frail 100-year-old woman in an attack that shocked the nation.
Police are now hunting the five suspects – including four men and one woman – who robbed the wheelchair-bound centenarian in the disabled toilets of Debenhams, Romford, on Thursday August 4.
Great-grandmother Emily Fisher was left shaken and upset after the thieves snatched �200 from her bag – just days after her 100th birthday on July 28.
The widow from Dagenham had withdrawn the cash from Halifax Bank, in Market Place, at around 2.45pm.
Emily believes she was watched and followed from the bank by four men and a woman, before the attackers struck while she and daughter Jan Hollier, 56, were in disabled toilets in Debenhams.
You may also want to watch:
A woman placed a Tube map over Emily’s knees, asking for directions. The four men then rushed in, separating mum and daughter, before hoisting the stricken OAP out of her chair.
Moments later the OAP realised her bank book was missing along with the money she had withdrawn.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
Jan, who had rushed to get help from security, said: “They ganged up on her. Mum said ‘Leave me alone’.
“They’re so cold. There were five robbers – some big men. It’s disgusting.”
Age UK London chief executive Samantha Mauger said: “It is a terrible thing when people resort to harming those who can least defend themselves for their own personal gain, especially in such a public place.”
The suspects are described as:
A white woman with a foreign accent, of slim build with dark blonde hair, approximately 5’ 4” tall, and aged between 20 and 30 years old.
A white man of medium build with short dark brown hair, wearing a dark coloured suit approximately 5’ 10” tall, and about 35 years of age.
A white man of medium build with a foreign accent, wearing a yellow jacket approximately 5’ 11” tall, and about 45 years of age.
A white man of medium build with dark brown hair and a foreign accent and about 25-years-old.
A white man wearing dark clothing with facial stubble a foreign accent and a heavy build, aged about 40-years-old.
Anyone with information should call 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.