Harold Wood man charged after death of 13-year-old
A Harold Wood man is one of two people due before Redbridge Magistrates today (Monday) charged with causing the death by careless driving of a 13-year-old boy
Thomas Stone was killed in Bell Farm Avenue, Dagenham, while riding his bike with four friends on May 17 2011.
Nadia Roberts, 20, of Bell Farm Avenue has been charged with causing death by careless driving, causing death by driving a vehicle whilst driving not in accordance with a licence; causing death by driving a vehicle whilst driving without insurance; driving a motor vehicle with no insurance and driving not in accordance with a licence.
Mark Headley, 36, of Avenue Road, Harold Wood, has been charged causing death by careless driving, and aiding and abetting Nadia Roberts to cause death by driving a vehicle whilst driving not in accordance with a licence and driving without insurance.
Headley is also charged with permitting Nadia Roberts to drive a motor vehicle with no insurance and causing a motor vehicle to be driven by Nadia Roberts whilst not in accordance with a licence.
You may also want to watch:
Following his death, dozens of floral tributes were left at the scene and a candle-light vigil was held.
Headteacher Valerie Dennis said at the time: “Thomas was a popular and cheeky young man who was always keen to do well and had a wonderful sense of humour.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
“The strength shown by the students over the last few weeks, particularly Tom’s friends, is a testament to the closeness and support of the local community.