Harold Wood burglar jailed after using stolen credit card at Gallows Corner McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
A burglar from Harold Wood who was caught after he used a stolen credit card at Gallows Corner’s drive-through McDonald’s has been jailed for two years.
Perry Streamer, 19, of Widecombe Close, Romford, received two year sentences for the burglaries and one month for fraud, all to run concurrently, at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, April 6.
He previously admitted the offences at the same court on Wednesday, March 14.
At around 4.30am on Monday, May 5, a man woke up in Gloucester Road, Chelmsford, to find his front door had been opened and that his wallet, car keys and car had all been stolen.
Officers from Essex Police attended the scene and found Streamer’s palm print on a door frame.
You may also want to watch:
Streamer then broke into a home in Mendip Road between 7pm on Wednesday, November 1, and 3am on Thursday, November 2, and stole two vehicles, handbags and a purse containing cash and bank cards.
He then used one of those stolen credit cards at 3.40am at the McDonald’s drive through in Gallows Corner and was clearly seen on CCTV ordering food while driving one of the stolen vehicles.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 7 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 8 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 9 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 10 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
Essex Police officers arrested Streamer at around 1.45am on Wednesday, November 8, following a pursuit on the M25 in Brentwood.
Investigating officer Det Con Lauren Strangward, of Harlow CID, said: “Streamer broke into his victim’s homes as they slept and then drove away with their personal possessions and cars.
“He believed he was above the law and even used a stolen card to treat himself to fast food. It was only a matter of time until we located and arrested him.
“Streamer has shown no remorse for his actions and will now spend time locked in a prison cell.”