Harold Hill woman in acid attack horror
A WOMAN dog walker was doused in acid in a vicious attack by BMX-riding hoodies on Monday evening.
A marauding yob, riding a distinctive white BMX bike, launched an unprovoked verbal attack on the 53-year-old, in a green close to Cornflower Way, in Harold Hill, at around 7.30pm
He was joined by two more of his gang, all riding BMX bikes, who surrounded the terrified woman before one of them squirted her in the chest with acid.
All three then made off on their bikes.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, where she received treatment for burns.
You may also want to watch:
The boys are aged between 15 and 16-years-old, white, and were wearing dark clothing with hooded tops.
Forensic tests are currently being carried out on the victim’s clothes and the local Safer Neighbourhood Team has stepped up patrols in the area in the wake of the attack.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 7 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 8 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Witnesses to the assault or anyone who recognises the descriptions of the boys or the distinctive white BMX are urged to call PS Jobling at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers on: 0800 555 111.
Tell us what you think by calling the news desk on: 0208 477 3878