Harold Hill woman in acid attack horror
A WOMAN dog walker was doused in acid in a vicious attack by BMX-riding hoodies on Monday evening.
A marauding yob, riding a distinctive white BMX bike, launched an unprovoked verbal attack on the 53-year-old, in a green close to Cornflower Way, in Harold Hill, at around 7.30pm
He was joined by two more of his gang, all riding BMX bikes, who surrounded the terrified woman before one of them squirted her in the chest with acid.
All three then made off on their bikes.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, where she received treatment for burns.
You may also want to watch:
The boys are aged between 15 and 16-years-old, white, and were wearing dark clothing with hooded tops.
Forensic tests are currently being carried out on the victim’s clothes and the local Safer Neighbourhood Team has stepped up patrols in the area in the wake of the attack.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 5 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 6 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 7 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 8 Hornchurch Athletic captain excited by league switch and a new sponsorship deal
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
Witnesses to the assault or anyone who recognises the descriptions of the boys or the distinctive white BMX are urged to call PS Jobling at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers on: 0800 555 111.
Tell us what you think by calling the news desk on: 0208 477 3878