Harold Hill woman in acid attack horror
A WOMAN dog walker was doused in acid in a vicious attack by BMX-riding hoodies on Monday evening.
A marauding yob, riding a distinctive white BMX bike, launched an unprovoked verbal attack on the 53-year-old, in a green close to Cornflower Way, in Harold Hill, at around 7.30pm
He was joined by two more of his gang, all riding BMX bikes, who surrounded the terrified woman before one of them squirted her in the chest with acid.
All three then made off on their bikes.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, where she received treatment for burns.
The boys are aged between 15 and 16-years-old, white, and were wearing dark clothing with hooded tops.
Forensic tests are currently being carried out on the victim’s clothes and the local Safer Neighbourhood Team has stepped up patrols in the area in the wake of the attack.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 8 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 9 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 10 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
Witnesses to the assault or anyone who recognises the descriptions of the boys or the distinctive white BMX are urged to call PS Jobling at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers on: 0800 555 111.
Tell us what you think by calling the news desk on: 0208 477 3878