Harold Hill woman in acid attack horror
A WOMAN dog walker was doused in acid in a vicious attack by BMX-riding hoodies on Monday evening.
A marauding yob, riding a distinctive white BMX bike, launched an unprovoked verbal attack on the 53-year-old, in a green close to Cornflower Way, in Harold Hill, at around 7.30pm
He was joined by two more of his gang, all riding BMX bikes, who surrounded the terrified woman before one of them squirted her in the chest with acid.
All three then made off on their bikes.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, where she received treatment for burns.
You may also want to watch:
The boys are aged between 15 and 16-years-old, white, and were wearing dark clothing with hooded tops.
Forensic tests are currently being carried out on the victim’s clothes and the local Safer Neighbourhood Team has stepped up patrols in the area in the wake of the attack.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 5 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 6 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
Witnesses to the assault or anyone who recognises the descriptions of the boys or the distinctive white BMX are urged to call PS Jobling at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers on: 0800 555 111.
Tell us what you think by calling the news desk on: 0208 477 3878