Harold Hill teenager murder trial set to start today
- Credit: Archant
The trial of three men accused of stabbing a Harold Hill teenager to death in broad daylight is set to begin at the Old Bailey today.
Devante Clifford, 20, of Lawrence Street, Canning Town, Marvin Simos, 19, of Canning Town, and Amani Lynch, 19, of Canterbury Way, Stevenage, are all charged with murder, attempted murder and GBH.
Earlier this year, Mr Clifford became the first person to be extradited from St Lucia to the UK and was also charged with attempted murder, GBH, wounding and ABH of a 16-year-old who was caught up in the attack.
Champion Ganda, 17, of Harold Hill, was stabbed multiple times in Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, and died at the scene on May 9, 2013.
Champion and his siblings moved to Havering from inner east London in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The eldest of seven, Champion was “like a dad in the house”, according to his mum Peggy Kato.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 5 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 9 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell