Harold Hill teenager murder trial set to start today
- Credit: Archant
The trial of three men accused of stabbing a Harold Hill teenager to death in broad daylight is set to begin at the Old Bailey today.
Devante Clifford, 20, of Lawrence Street, Canning Town, Marvin Simos, 19, of Canning Town, and Amani Lynch, 19, of Canterbury Way, Stevenage, are all charged with murder, attempted murder and GBH.
Earlier this year, Mr Clifford became the first person to be extradited from St Lucia to the UK and was also charged with attempted murder, GBH, wounding and ABH of a 16-year-old who was caught up in the attack.
Champion Ganda, 17, of Harold Hill, was stabbed multiple times in Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, and died at the scene on May 9, 2013.
Champion and his siblings moved to Havering from inner east London in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The eldest of seven, Champion was “like a dad in the house”, according to his mum Peggy Kato.
- 1 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 2 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 3 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears