Harold Hill teenager murder trial set to start today
- Credit: Archant
The trial of three men accused of stabbing a Harold Hill teenager to death in broad daylight is set to begin at the Old Bailey today.
Devante Clifford, 20, of Lawrence Street, Canning Town, Marvin Simos, 19, of Canning Town, and Amani Lynch, 19, of Canterbury Way, Stevenage, are all charged with murder, attempted murder and GBH.
Earlier this year, Mr Clifford became the first person to be extradited from St Lucia to the UK and was also charged with attempted murder, GBH, wounding and ABH of a 16-year-old who was caught up in the attack.
Champion Ganda, 17, of Harold Hill, was stabbed multiple times in Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, and died at the scene on May 9, 2013.
Champion and his siblings moved to Havering from inner east London in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The eldest of seven, Champion was “like a dad in the house”, according to his mum Peggy Kato.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 8 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions