Harold Hill teenager murder trial set to start today
- Credit: Archant
The trial of three men accused of stabbing a Harold Hill teenager to death in broad daylight is set to begin at the Old Bailey today.
Devante Clifford, 20, of Lawrence Street, Canning Town, Marvin Simos, 19, of Canning Town, and Amani Lynch, 19, of Canterbury Way, Stevenage, are all charged with murder, attempted murder and GBH.
Earlier this year, Mr Clifford became the first person to be extradited from St Lucia to the UK and was also charged with attempted murder, GBH, wounding and ABH of a 16-year-old who was caught up in the attack.
Champion Ganda, 17, of Harold Hill, was stabbed multiple times in Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, and died at the scene on May 9, 2013.
Champion and his siblings moved to Havering from inner east London in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The eldest of seven, Champion was “like a dad in the house”, according to his mum Peggy Kato.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather