Harold Hill man to be sentenced for ATM robberies
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Harold Hill man caught robbing a 70-year-old at his local ATM is to be sentenced after admitting five charges in court.
Joseph Oluwasanni, of Lucerne Way, was seen pushing the pensioner out of the way and taking £200 in cash from the machine on May 5.
This was one of five robberies - each with a separate victim - committed by the 18-year-old at the TSB ATM on Hilldene Avenue.
The offences spanned 12 days between April 24 and May 5.
On each occasion, Oluwasanni approached the person using the machine and either distracted or pushed them to steal cash.
The victims were aged between 40 and 83, and the teenager stole £200 from each person.
You may also want to watch:
He was caught as he attempted his fifth crime on May 5, and was then charged the following day.
Oluwasanni pleaded guilty to five counts of robbery at Snaresbrook Crown Court on June 23.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 7 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 10 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
He is now due to be sentenced tomorrow (September 17).