Harold Hill play area damaged in arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Part of a children’s play area has been destroyed by fire in what police have called a “senseless and selfish act”.
The play area in Central Park, Harold Hill, was set alight in a suspected case of arson in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Sergeant Brad Scott, of Havering Police, said “We are working hard to keep the park, which has had multimillion pound investment, as great as possible.
“We need information from the local community to help us catch and prosecute the mindless individuals who commit senseless and selfish acts against the residents of Harold Hill”
The park had also been severely damaged by arsonists in March last year, just weeks after opening following a £1.5 million investment.
You may also want to watch:
Gooshays Safer neighbourhood team are appealing for witnesses to the criminal damage.
Anyone with information can call 101 or 0208 721 2508 or alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0300 555 111
- 1 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 4 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 5 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 8 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?