Harold Hill play area damaged in arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Part of a children’s play area has been destroyed by fire in what police have called a “senseless and selfish act”.
The play area in Central Park, Harold Hill, was set alight in a suspected case of arson in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Sergeant Brad Scott, of Havering Police, said “We are working hard to keep the park, which has had multimillion pound investment, as great as possible.
“We need information from the local community to help us catch and prosecute the mindless individuals who commit senseless and selfish acts against the residents of Harold Hill”
The park had also been severely damaged by arsonists in March last year, just weeks after opening following a £1.5 million investment.
You may also want to watch:
Gooshays Safer neighbourhood team are appealing for witnesses to the criminal damage.
Anyone with information can call 101 or 0208 721 2508 or alternatively e-mail email@example.com. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0300 555 111
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 5 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 6 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?