Harold Hill play area damaged in arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Part of a children’s play area has been destroyed by fire in what police have called a “senseless and selfish act”.
The play area in Central Park, Harold Hill, was set alight in a suspected case of arson in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Sergeant Brad Scott, of Havering Police, said “We are working hard to keep the park, which has had multimillion pound investment, as great as possible.
“We need information from the local community to help us catch and prosecute the mindless individuals who commit senseless and selfish acts against the residents of Harold Hill”
The park had also been severely damaged by arsonists in March last year, just weeks after opening following a £1.5 million investment.
You may also want to watch:
Gooshays Safer neighbourhood team are appealing for witnesses to the criminal damage.
Anyone with information can call 101 or 0208 721 2508 or alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0300 555 111
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 3 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 8 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons