Harold Hill play area damaged in arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Part of a children’s play area has been destroyed by fire in what police have called a “senseless and selfish act”.
The play area in Central Park, Harold Hill, was set alight in a suspected case of arson in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Sergeant Brad Scott, of Havering Police, said “We are working hard to keep the park, which has had multimillion pound investment, as great as possible.
“We need information from the local community to help us catch and prosecute the mindless individuals who commit senseless and selfish acts against the residents of Harold Hill”
The park had also been severely damaged by arsonists in March last year, just weeks after opening following a £1.5 million investment.
You may also want to watch:
Gooshays Safer neighbourhood team are appealing for witnesses to the criminal damage.
Anyone with information can call 101 or 0208 721 2508 or alternatively e-mail email@example.com. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0300 555 111
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub