Harold Hill man fined for wasting police time while drunk
A Harold Hill man who reported a false crime while drunk was fined �80 for wasting police time.
The 20-year-old called 999 after saying he had seen criminal damage in Gooshays Drive on June 6.
An investigation found that no offence had taken place and the man was arrested for being drunk and disorderly.
He was given a fixed penalty notice by officers.
Chief Insp David Hay said: “The male involved in this incident was guilty of wasting the time of valuable policing resources.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to deal robustly with anyone suspected of behaving in a similar manner either by issuing a fixed penalty fine or where necessary bringing the matter before the courts.”
- 1 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 2 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 3 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 5 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 6 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 7 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 8 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 9 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 10 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday