Harold Hill man fined for wasting police time while drunk
A Harold Hill man who reported a false crime while drunk was fined �80 for wasting police time.
The 20-year-old called 999 after saying he had seen criminal damage in Gooshays Drive on June 6.
An investigation found that no offence had taken place and the man was arrested for being drunk and disorderly.
He was given a fixed penalty notice by officers.
Chief Insp David Hay said: “The male involved in this incident was guilty of wasting the time of valuable policing resources.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to deal robustly with anyone suspected of behaving in a similar manner either by issuing a fixed penalty fine or where necessary bringing the matter before the courts.”
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge