Harold Hill man fined for wasting police time while drunk
A Harold Hill man who reported a false crime while drunk was fined �80 for wasting police time.
The 20-year-old called 999 after saying he had seen criminal damage in Gooshays Drive on June 6.
An investigation found that no offence had taken place and the man was arrested for being drunk and disorderly.
He was given a fixed penalty notice by officers.
Chief Insp David Hay said: “The male involved in this incident was guilty of wasting the time of valuable policing resources.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to deal robustly with anyone suspected of behaving in a similar manner either by issuing a fixed penalty fine or where necessary bringing the matter before the courts.”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage