Harold Hill man charged with harbouring an escaped prisoner
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harold Hill has been charged with harbouring an escaped prisoner.
Shaun Power, 33, of Kettering Road, is suspected of helping a prisoner who was on the run from HMP Pentonville.
He has been bailed to appear before Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on May 12.
Matthew Baker and James Anthony Whitlock, escaped from HMP Pentonville in November 2016.
Both were subsequently located and arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Two other people have previously been charged as part of this investigation.
Kelly Baker, 21, of Friars Close, Ilford, was charged with assisting an offender.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
She pleaded guilty at Blackfriars Crown Court in December and will be sentenced at a later date.
Scott O’Reilly, 49 of Shepherd’s Lane, Homerton, was charged with assisting an offender in March.
He was bailed and asked to attend Highbury Corner Magistrates’ today.