Gunman raids Brentwood home
A MASKED gunman who tried to force his way into a house in Brentwood was held at bay by the householder.
The balaclava-clad raider knocked on the door to the house in Hanging Hill Lane before threatening the resident inside and demanding cash.
The intruder tried to barge his way into the property but the 45-year-old victim managed to force him back and slam the door his arm, leaving his attacker to flee the scene at around 5.30pm on January 11.
The victim, who suffered minor injuries, dialled 999 and police scoured the area using a helicopter and a dog team but found no one.
Ds Paul Davis said: “We have made house to house enquiries but no one saw or heard anything so I appeal to anyone who was driving down the road and may have seen anything to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“This type of incident is so rare in Brentwood, the suspect seems to have picked the house at random. I would like to hear from anyone who has any information.”
Contact the Serious Crime team at Harlow on 0333 333 4444.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel