Gunman raids Brentwood home
A MASKED gunman who tried to force his way into a house in Brentwood was held at bay by the householder.
The balaclava-clad raider knocked on the door to the house in Hanging Hill Lane before threatening the resident inside and demanding cash.
The intruder tried to barge his way into the property but the 45-year-old victim managed to force him back and slam the door his arm, leaving his attacker to flee the scene at around 5.30pm on January 11.
The victim, who suffered minor injuries, dialled 999 and police scoured the area using a helicopter and a dog team but found no one.
Ds Paul Davis said: “We have made house to house enquiries but no one saw or heard anything so I appeal to anyone who was driving down the road and may have seen anything to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“This type of incident is so rare in Brentwood, the suspect seems to have picked the house at random. I would like to hear from anyone who has any information.”
Contact the Serious Crime team at Harlow on 0333 333 4444.
- 1 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 2 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 10 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016