Gunman raids Brentwood home
A MASKED gunman who tried to force his way into a house in Brentwood was held at bay by the householder.
The balaclava-clad raider knocked on the door to the house in Hanging Hill Lane before threatening the resident inside and demanding cash.
The intruder tried to barge his way into the property but the 45-year-old victim managed to force him back and slam the door his arm, leaving his attacker to flee the scene at around 5.30pm on January 11.
The victim, who suffered minor injuries, dialled 999 and police scoured the area using a helicopter and a dog team but found no one.
Ds Paul Davis said: “We have made house to house enquiries but no one saw or heard anything so I appeal to anyone who was driving down the road and may have seen anything to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“This type of incident is so rare in Brentwood, the suspect seems to have picked the house at random. I would like to hear from anyone who has any information.”
Contact the Serious Crime team at Harlow on 0333 333 4444.
- 1 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 2 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 3 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Havering pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 10 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating