Gun pulled as eight men clash in Harold Hill street
- Credit: Archant
A gun was pulled during a “disagreement” between eight men in a quiet residential area early yesterday evening.
Detectives from Romford CID are appealing for witnesses to the altercation in Lavender Close, Harold Hill – part of the Briar Road estate – at about 6pm.
The men are believed to have arranged the meeting as part of an ongoing dispute over stolen property.
Police were called and carried out a search of the area, but no arrests were made and no firearm recovered.
It is thought the men, all aged 18-30, left the area in different directions. Some of the men left in a white Toyota Prius and some in a blue Vauxhall Corsa.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Rob Baxter said: “This was an incident that happened in a quiet residential area on the Bank Holiday Monday, and there may well be people who saw or heard something that may help us.”
Anyone with information should call 01708 779137, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 5 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 8 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 9 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 10 Romford church to offer new debt support scheme