Gun pulled as eight men clash in Harold Hill street
- Credit: Archant
A gun was pulled during a “disagreement” between eight men in a quiet residential area early yesterday evening.
Detectives from Romford CID are appealing for witnesses to the altercation in Lavender Close, Harold Hill – part of the Briar Road estate – at about 6pm.
The men are believed to have arranged the meeting as part of an ongoing dispute over stolen property.
Police were called and carried out a search of the area, but no arrests were made and no firearm recovered.
It is thought the men, all aged 18-30, left the area in different directions. Some of the men left in a white Toyota Prius and some in a blue Vauxhall Corsa.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Rob Baxter said: “This was an incident that happened in a quiet residential area on the Bank Holiday Monday, and there may well be people who saw or heard something that may help us.”
Anyone with information should call 01708 779137, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 7 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 8 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?