Gun pulled as eight men clash in Harold Hill street
- Credit: Archant
A gun was pulled during a “disagreement” between eight men in a quiet residential area early yesterday evening.
Detectives from Romford CID are appealing for witnesses to the altercation in Lavender Close, Harold Hill – part of the Briar Road estate – at about 6pm.
The men are believed to have arranged the meeting as part of an ongoing dispute over stolen property.
Police were called and carried out a search of the area, but no arrests were made and no firearm recovered.
It is thought the men, all aged 18-30, left the area in different directions. Some of the men left in a white Toyota Prius and some in a blue Vauxhall Corsa.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Rob Baxter said: “This was an incident that happened in a quiet residential area on the Bank Holiday Monday, and there may well be people who saw or heard something that may help us.”
Anyone with information should call 01708 779137, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks