Gun pulled as eight men clash in Harold Hill street
- Credit: Archant
A gun was pulled during a “disagreement” between eight men in a quiet residential area early yesterday evening.
Detectives from Romford CID are appealing for witnesses to the altercation in Lavender Close, Harold Hill – part of the Briar Road estate – at about 6pm.
The men are believed to have arranged the meeting as part of an ongoing dispute over stolen property.
Police were called and carried out a search of the area, but no arrests were made and no firearm recovered.
It is thought the men, all aged 18-30, left the area in different directions. Some of the men left in a white Toyota Prius and some in a blue Vauxhall Corsa.
Det Sgt Rob Baxter said: “This was an incident that happened in a quiet residential area on the Bank Holiday Monday, and there may well be people who saw or heard something that may help us.”
Anyone with information should call 01708 779137, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Aklu Plaza submits plans to convert third floor into banqueting suite
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 8 Rainham councillors publish 'plan B' for Beam Park transport links
- 9 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 10 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden