Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- Credit: MPS
This is the moment police catch seven people flouting Covid-19 rules to watch telly and eat together.
Members of the group, who came from different households, had gathered at a home in Romford on January 17.
Meeting more than two people indoors without a valid excuse is a breach of the current coronavirus regulations.
The Met has said the guests and residents knew they were breaking the rules and were fined.
Commander Dave Stringer added: "We are fully committed to getting the spread of the virus across the capital under control. This means addressing a vast array of violations of the rules.
You may also want to watch:
"We know the majority of people are being safe, but the minority who continue to contravene Covid legislation are doing a disservice to their fellow citizens and to health professionals across the country who continue to work in the throes of this public health emergency.
"We appeal to the public to stay at home, stay safe, and protect each other from infection."
- 1 Pocket parks proposed for Romford town centre
- 2 'Utter contempt': Government orders Havering to approve more houses
- 3 How many Covid-19 vaccinations have been given where you live?
- 4 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 5 Hospital worker's Covid experiences written into song
- 6 Universal Credit uplift extension confirmed as latest claimant numbers released by DWP
- 7 How the White Hart became the 'heart of Hornchurch'
- 8 Letters: Threat to Harold Hill deer, and TV licence fee for over-75s
- 9 'I wish I was 20 years younger for games like this' - Hornchurch boss on Notts County draw
- 10 What are the 4 stages of easing coronavirus restrictions?