Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- Credit: MPS
This is the moment police catch seven people flouting Covid-19 rules to watch telly and eat together.
Members of the group, who came from different households, had gathered at a home in Romford on January 17.
Meeting more than two people indoors without a valid excuse is a breach of the current coronavirus regulations.
The Met has said the guests and residents knew they were breaking the rules and were fined.
Commander Dave Stringer added: "We are fully committed to getting the spread of the virus across the capital under control. This means addressing a vast array of violations of the rules.
"We know the majority of people are being safe, but the minority who continue to contravene Covid legislation are doing a disservice to their fellow citizens and to health professionals across the country who continue to work in the throes of this public health emergency.
"We appeal to the public to stay at home, stay safe, and protect each other from infection."
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 3 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 4 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 5 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 6 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 7 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 8 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 9 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 10 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas