Group fight breaks out near former hospital site in Romford
- Credit: Google
Police had to step in to break up a huge gang fight in Romford last night.
According to Scotland Yard, officers were called at 8.45pm yesterday - December 29 - to reports of "a large group fighting" in Wideford Drive near the former Oldchurch Hospital site.
Officers apparently dispersed the group, and remained in the area to prevent further incidents.
A spokesperson said: "Officers carried out a thorough search of the location and surrounding areas and could find nobody with any injuries."
There were no arrests, and investigations into the circumstances continue.
Video footage circulating online showed a man who appeared to be holding a large knife approach a crowd of people.
- 1 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 9 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 10 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel