Girl dies following car collision in Kelvedon Hatch
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl has died after she was hit by a car on Friday.
The girl, a pedestrian thought to be from Kelvedon Hatch, was involved in a collision in Ongar Road, Kelvedon Hatch, at about 8.10pm.
Police then closed off the road until midnight while they examined the road.
The teen was taken to hospital by ambulance and was pronounced dead in the early hours of Saturday morning.
A 64-year-old Brentwood man was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and was bailed until June 30.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward and call Essex Police on 101.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 4 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 5 'Hugely destructive': Action group slams proposed Lower Thames Crossing
- 6 Romford Junior Raiders sign forward James Hounsome
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 9 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 10 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood