Girl dies following car collision in Kelvedon Hatch
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl has died after she was hit by a car on Friday.
The girl, a pedestrian thought to be from Kelvedon Hatch, was involved in a collision in Ongar Road, Kelvedon Hatch, at about 8.10pm.
Police then closed off the road until midnight while they examined the road.
The teen was taken to hospital by ambulance and was pronounced dead in the early hours of Saturday morning.
A 64-year-old Brentwood man was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and was bailed until June 30.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward and call Essex Police on 101.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 7 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 8 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police