Girl dies following car collision in Kelvedon Hatch
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl has died after she was hit by a car on Friday.
The girl, a pedestrian thought to be from Kelvedon Hatch, was involved in a collision in Ongar Road, Kelvedon Hatch, at about 8.10pm.
Police then closed off the road until midnight while they examined the road.
The teen was taken to hospital by ambulance and was pronounced dead in the early hours of Saturday morning.
A 64-year-old Brentwood man was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and was bailed until June 30.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward and call Essex Police on 101.
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 3 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 6 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 7 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 8 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat