GBH arrest after man injured in 8am Romford factory fight
- Credit: Archant
An early-morning fight in a steelworks factory has led to an arrest for GBH and a man being taken to hospital.
Police were called to AGP Steelworks in Spilsby Road, Romford, at 8am after a man was seen staggering from the building covered in blood.
One man was arrested for grievous bodily harm (GBH).
Another man was taken to hospital and is being treated for head injuries.
Police have been at the scene all day and the factory remains cordoned off.
You may also want to watch:
A worker from Tom Swainland & Sons, a construction company opposite the factory, saw an injured man of about 30 stagger out from the building covered in blood at 8am.
An AGP Steelworks worker named James told the Recorder “absolutely nothing” had happened and he had “no idea” why the police were there.
- 1 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 2 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 3 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Could you be former Brentwood man's long lost relative?
- 10 Cycle relay through Romford supporting Help for Heroes
In December the company was ordered to pay £3,000 for work outside licensed hours that forced neighbours to complain of loud grinding and workers shouting as late as 11pm and as early as 5am.
Reversing forklifts and dropped girders disturbed neighbours over a two-year period beginning in November 2012.