Gang police seize guns, knives and drugs during dawn raid on Rainham house
- Credit: Archant
A shotgun, a number of knives, two air pistols and a stash of Class A drugs were seized by police during a raid in Rainham this morning (Tuesday, June 26).
Warrants were carried out at an address in Willoughby Drive, Rainham, by officers from Operation Viper, which forms part of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command – a unit specialising in tackling gang crime.
Dozens of officers were deployed to the Willoughby Drive address, supported by the Met’s Dog Unit and Territorial Support Group (TSG).
Two men, aged 27 and 21, were arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply. They have been taken to a north London police station where they remain in custody.
Officers remain at the scene where searches are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Acting Det Ch Insp Victoria Sullivan, of Operation Viper, said: “This operation shows we will not stop taking dangerous weapons off the streets, and apprehending those intent on putting lives at risk.”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage