Gang police seize guns, knives and drugs during dawn raid on Rainham house
- Credit: Archant
A shotgun, a number of knives, two air pistols and a stash of Class A drugs were seized by police during a raid in Rainham this morning (Tuesday, June 26).
Warrants were carried out at an address in Willoughby Drive, Rainham, by officers from Operation Viper, which forms part of the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command – a unit specialising in tackling gang crime.
Dozens of officers were deployed to the Willoughby Drive address, supported by the Met’s Dog Unit and Territorial Support Group (TSG).
Two men, aged 27 and 21, were arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply. They have been taken to a north London police station where they remain in custody.
Officers remain at the scene where searches are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Acting Det Ch Insp Victoria Sullivan, of Operation Viper, said: “This operation shows we will not stop taking dangerous weapons off the streets, and apprehending those intent on putting lives at risk.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor