G4S Olympic recruit in Romford nightclub bomb hoax
The Olympic security guard sacked for making a bomb hoax in a Romford nightclub has this week pleaded guilty to the charge of communicating false information.
The 22-year-old had been due to start work with security firm G4S during the Games – but was dismissed after proceedings were brought against him.
Temitope Ajomale, of Linley Crescent, Romford, admitted the hoax at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (24th).
Prosecuting, Mrs Dent said Ajomale had called 999 at 11.30pm on Saturday July 14th to tell police there was a suspicious package in the toilets of the Kosho Bar on South Street.
The defendant had been refused entry to the bar earlier that evening. When the area was searched and no package was found, security staff suspected he had made the call in retaliation and gave police his description.
You may also want to watch:
He was apprehended in nearby Club Ciroc and taken to a police station, where the 999 call was traced and returned. At that point, Mrs Dent said, his phone began to ring.
During police interview, Ajomale admitted to being “slightly drunk and angry” at being refused entry to the bar.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
Defending, Mrs Patel said Ajomale had been of previous good character and regretted the hoax. He had just completed a computer science degree and was planning to undertake a Master’s course.
The magistrates, chaired by Mrs Jutt, committed Ajomale to Basildon Crown Court for sentencing next month.
A G4S spokesman said: “We were dismayed by the actions of this individual and dismissed him immediately. He had not begun work at any Olympic site and will play no part in our delivery of security services at the Games.”
Ajomale was granted unconditional bail.