Francis O’Donoghue pleads not guilty to attempted murder following shooting of former Team GB boxer Martin Ward
- Credit: Archant
Francis O’Donoghue has pleaded not guilty to two counts of attempted murder following the shooting of two men in Navestock.
Former Team GB boxer Martin Ward was allegedly shot in the shoulder along with his brother John in the legs.
The incident occurred at a travellers’ site at Lizvale Farm, Brentwood, on August 27 last year.
O’Donoghue, 27, appeared today in Woolwich Crown Court where he pleaded not guilty to both counts of attempted murder and pleaded guilty to the possession of Class B drug Cannabis.
The trial, to take place in Woolwich, will begin on March 31.
You may also want to watch:
O’Donoghue has been remanded in custody.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood