Francis O’Donoghue pleads not guilty to attempted murder following shooting of former Team GB boxer Martin Ward
- Credit: Archant
Francis O’Donoghue has pleaded not guilty to two counts of attempted murder following the shooting of two men in Navestock.
Former Team GB boxer Martin Ward was allegedly shot in the shoulder along with his brother John in the legs.
The incident occurred at a travellers’ site at Lizvale Farm, Brentwood, on August 27 last year.
O’Donoghue, 27, appeared today in Woolwich Crown Court where he pleaded not guilty to both counts of attempted murder and pleaded guilty to the possession of Class B drug Cannabis.
The trial, to take place in Woolwich, will begin on March 31.
You may also want to watch:
O’Donoghue has been remanded in custody.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 3 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 7 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 9 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 10 Hopefield Animal Sanctuary welcomes visitors after lockdown