Francis O’Donoghue pleads not guilty to attempted murder following shooting of former Team GB boxer Martin Ward
- Credit: Archant
Francis O’Donoghue has pleaded not guilty to two counts of attempted murder following the shooting of two men in Navestock.
Former Team GB boxer Martin Ward was allegedly shot in the shoulder along with his brother John in the legs.
The incident occurred at a travellers’ site at Lizvale Farm, Brentwood, on August 27 last year.
O’Donoghue, 27, appeared today in Woolwich Crown Court where he pleaded not guilty to both counts of attempted murder and pleaded guilty to the possession of Class B drug Cannabis.
The trial, to take place in Woolwich, will begin on March 31.
You may also want to watch:
O’Donoghue has been remanded in custody.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 10 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van