Fourth teenager arrested on suspicion of murder outside Romford doorman’s home
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have arrested a fourth man as an investigation into Ricky Hayden’s murder continues.
A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder on Tuesday.
He has been bailed to return on a date in early December pending further enquiries.
The Romford doorman died outside his home in Gibbfield Close, Chadwell Heath, on September 13, after he died fighting off a gang of thieves armed with machetes.
Tommy Roome, of Rams Grove, Chadwell Heath, has already been charged with Ricky’s murder and is currently remanded to appear at the Old Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
Two teenagers aged 19 and 16 have previously been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The 19-year-old is bailed to return to a police station on a date in mid November, while the 16-year-old is no longer a line of enquiry.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars