Former Old Bailey worker, of South Woodford, appears in court charged with murder of Hornchurch woman Rosemary Shearman, 77
- Credit: Archant
A former prosecution case worker accused of killing a pensioner in her own home was remanded in custody this morning.
Thomas Blazquez, 50, is charged with the murder of 77-year-old Rosemary Shearman, whose body was discovered by police at her home in Platford Green, Hornchurch, on Tuesday.
Detectives believe Mrs Shearman, who had been preparing for a Saga cruise, was bound, gagged and knifed.
Police found Blazquez injured in Mrs Shearman’s bathroom and he was taken to hospital.
Blazquez, wearing hospital robes and a dressing gown, spoke only to confirm his name, age and address during the four-minute hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
The right arm of the former Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) case worker was heavily bandaged.
Chair of the bench Sarah Houston sent the case to the Old Bailey and told Blazquez: “You will attend there on September 11 for a preliminary hearing.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 4 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 5 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 6 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 7 'Irreversible stress': Nearly 2,000 oppose move to suspend Cranham and Upminster midwifery service
- 8 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 9 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
“You will be remanded in custody for the meantime.”
Blazquez worked for CPS London as a case worker between January 1988 and November 2012 and is now unemployed.
He was a well-known character around the Old Bailey and other London courts including Stratford Magistrates and Snaresbrook Crown Court.
Blazquez, of Onslow Gardens, South Woodford, was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on September 11 for a preliminary hearing.