Former Old Bailey worker, of South Woodford, appears in court charged with murder of Hornchurch woman Rosemary Shearman, 77
- Credit: Archant
A former prosecution case worker accused of killing a pensioner in her own home was remanded in custody this morning.
Thomas Blazquez, 50, is charged with the murder of 77-year-old Rosemary Shearman, whose body was discovered by police at her home in Platford Green, Hornchurch, on Tuesday.
Detectives believe Mrs Shearman, who had been preparing for a Saga cruise, was bound, gagged and knifed.
Police found Blazquez injured in Mrs Shearman’s bathroom and he was taken to hospital.
Blazquez, wearing hospital robes and a dressing gown, spoke only to confirm his name, age and address during the four-minute hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
The right arm of the former Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) case worker was heavily bandaged.
Chair of the bench Sarah Houston sent the case to the Old Bailey and told Blazquez: “You will attend there on September 11 for a preliminary hearing.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
“You will be remanded in custody for the meantime.”
Blazquez worked for CPS London as a case worker between January 1988 and November 2012 and is now unemployed.
He was a well-known character around the Old Bailey and other London courts including Stratford Magistrates and Snaresbrook Crown Court.
Blazquez, of Onslow Gardens, South Woodford, was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on September 11 for a preliminary hearing.