Five men to stand trial for murder of Raja Ali from Elm Park
- Credit: Met police
Five men charged with the murder of 33-year-old Raja Ali will stand trial at the Old Bailey next year following a hearing earlier today.
Mr Ali, of Elm Park, died following an assault in Stansgate Road, Dagenham, on Sunday, September 25.
Mussa Jalo, 21, of Norfolk Road, Dagenham, will appear with Daniel Paul Welch, 33, of Winstead Gardens, Dagenham, at a pre-trial preparation hearing at the Old Bailey on January 27.
Zakar Yunas, 21, of Rokeby Street, Stratford, Abubaker Omar-Bana, 26, of Rochford Close, East Ham and Jordon Archambie, 20, from Hesketh Road, Forest Gate have also been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey.
The trial is provisionally due to start on May 2 next year and is set to last up to six weeks, Barkingside Magistrates’ Court heard today.
You may also want to watch:
Three men, two aged 21 and one aged 26, who were also arrested on suspicion of murder have all been bailed to a date in early January.
A 27-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed to a date in mid-January.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 9 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal