Five men to stand trial for murder of Raja Ali from Elm Park
- Credit: Met police
Five men charged with the murder of 33-year-old Raja Ali will stand trial at the Old Bailey next year following a hearing earlier today.
Mr Ali, of Elm Park, died following an assault in Stansgate Road, Dagenham, on Sunday, September 25.
Mussa Jalo, 21, of Norfolk Road, Dagenham, will appear with Daniel Paul Welch, 33, of Winstead Gardens, Dagenham, at a pre-trial preparation hearing at the Old Bailey on January 27.
Zakar Yunas, 21, of Rokeby Street, Stratford, Abubaker Omar-Bana, 26, of Rochford Close, East Ham and Jordon Archambie, 20, from Hesketh Road, Forest Gate have also been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey.
The trial is provisionally due to start on May 2 next year and is set to last up to six weeks, Barkingside Magistrates’ Court heard today.
You may also want to watch:
Three men, two aged 21 and one aged 26, who were also arrested on suspicion of murder have all been bailed to a date in early January.
A 27-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed to a date in mid-January.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 5 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars