Five charged with offences after fatal stabbing
- Credit: Archant
People from Hornchurch, Ilford, Seven Kings, Collier Row and Brentwood have been charged following a fatal stabbing.
Xhovan Pepaj, 25, was found dead in Tunbridge Wells in the early hours of Saturday, December 4, having suffered "multiple injuries consistent with stab wounds", according to Kent Police.
A post-mortem examination has taken place.
Seven people have since been arrested, with five charged this week.
Ciaran Stewart, 18, of Curtis Road, Hornchurch and a 17-year-old boy from Ilford were both charged with murder and with conspiring to commit robbery on Tuesday (December 7).
At Medway Magistrates’ Court the next day, they were remanded in custody to appear at Maidstone Crown Court today (Friday).
On Wednesday, Donte Simpson-Palmer, 18, of Norfolk Road in Seven Kings; Mohammed Miah, 25, of Highfield Road in Collier Row and Nathan Turner, 28, of Myrtle Road in Brentwood were each charged with conspiracy to commit robbery.
- 1 Mother's agony after daughter laid dead in Hornchurch flat for six weeks
- 2 Parking restricted at country park as work starts on Covid woodland memorial
- 3 Romford metal firm wants to 'rebuild trust' after residents stage protest
- 4 Scrap 'ludicrous' mandatory vaccination policy, says Rosindell
- 5 Romford tree protest cancelled after campaign success
- 6 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 7 Churchill's former weekend getaway in Brentwood set for £27m redevelopment
- 8 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 9 Deputy mayor steps in to mark first Covid-19 memorial tree in Havering
- 10 Isla Caton 'gains her angel wings' after five-year cancer battle
Mr Turner is also accused of possessing cannabis with intent to supply.
The three men were remanded in custody at Medway Magistrates’ Court yesterday ahead of a scheduled hearing at the same court on January 6.
A 41-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman who were also arrested remain on police bail.