Five arrests in Romford shooting
A total of five youths have been arrested following the shooting of a clubber outside a Romford nightspot two weeks ago.
But detectives from Trident, which investigates gun crime, are continuing to appeal for witnesses and information.
The 26-year-old victim, from Dagenham, was shot three times in his leg and groin, in Exchange Street, outside Envy nightclub, at around 3.15am on Friday May 13.
He was taken to an east London hospital where his condition remains stable.
The gunman is described as wearing a white or light grey hooded top with a small black motif on the left breast.
He wore black trousers and black shoes and carried a black handgun.
The police have no information on age or ethnicity at this stage.
- 1 Shop worker racially abused in Brentwood Tesco
- 2 Man dies after Romford car park incident
- 3 Stakeholders' silence over Romford's The Liberty sale reports
- 4 Cranham woman ‘near to tears’ after 7.5-hour wait with painful tooth infection
- 5 Dispersal order enforced in Romford as crime increases
- 6 Harold Hill venue named best banqueting suite of the year with award
- 7 Fried chicken chain Popeyes to open Romford restaurant
- 8 9 great ways to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Estate agency opens first Havering branch in Hornchurch
- 10 Property spotlight: The origins of Havering’s planned garden city
Acting Det Sgt Neil Whitbread, from Trident, said: “We carried out an anniversary appeal a week on from the shooting with Trident officers speaking to people in the area of the club.
“If you saw anyone hanging around the area or acting suspiciously before or after the shooting please come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 7230 9831 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Two men, aged 16 and 18, were arrested on May 16, and taken to an east London police station. They were bailed to return on June 23 pending further enquiries.
A further three men, aged between 18 and 21, were arrested between May 17 and Tuesday.
They were all taken to east London police stations and bailed to return between June 22 and 29, pending further enquiries.