Five arrests in Romford shooting
A total of five youths have been arrested following the shooting of a clubber outside a Romford nightspot two weeks ago.
But detectives from Trident, which investigates gun crime, are continuing to appeal for witnesses and information.
The 26-year-old victim, from Dagenham, was shot three times in his leg and groin, in Exchange Street, outside Envy nightclub, at around 3.15am on Friday May 13.
He was taken to an east London hospital where his condition remains stable.
The gunman is described as wearing a white or light grey hooded top with a small black motif on the left breast.
You may also want to watch:
He wore black trousers and black shoes and carried a black handgun.
The police have no information on age or ethnicity at this stage.
- 1 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 2 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 7 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
Acting Det Sgt Neil Whitbread, from Trident, said: “We carried out an anniversary appeal a week on from the shooting with Trident officers speaking to people in the area of the club.
“If you saw anyone hanging around the area or acting suspiciously before or after the shooting please come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 7230 9831 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Two men, aged 16 and 18, were arrested on May 16, and taken to an east London police station. They were bailed to return on June 23 pending further enquiries.
A further three men, aged between 18 and 21, were arrested between May 17 and Tuesday.
They were all taken to east London police stations and bailed to return between June 22 and 29, pending further enquiries.