Fifth man charged with murder in Daniel Laskos investigation
- Credit: Adriana Elgueta
A fifth man has been charged with murder in the investigation into the death of a man in Harold Wood, and detectives have made a further arrest.
Loushawn Barnes, 18, from Romford, is due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates' Court today (May 20), charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon, following his arrest on Tuesday.
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday evening (May 19) and remains in custody at an east London police station.
To date, five people have now been charged in connection with Daniel Laskos' fatal stabbing.
The police were called to Church Road at 6.40pm on May 7, where they found 16-year-old Daniel with stab wounds.
He was pronounced dead at the scene just after 7pm, according to the Met.
A 15-year-old male was arrested on May 7 and was charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon on May 12.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 Property spotlight: Property prices rocket around Premier League team's training ground
- 4 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 6 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 8 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 9 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 10 Hornchurch medical centre temporarily shut after legionella bacteria found
18-year-old Joshua Kerr was also arrested on May 7 on suspicion of murder and was later charged with the same offence.
Callum Hands, 19, was arrested on May 9 and was also charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon.
All three appeared at Barkingside Magistrates' Court on May 12 where they were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on May 14.
Rakeem Green-Matthews, 18, from Romford appeared in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on May 19 charged with murder, following his arrest on May 17.
They have all been further remanded in custody to next appear at the Old Bailey on Friday, July 30.
Previously, three other males were arrested in connection with the incident, including a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of affray, an 18-year-old man on suspicion of murder and a 24-year-old man on suspicion of murder.
They have all been released on bail to return at a date in early June.