Elm Park shopkeeper fined for selling alcohol to underage girls
A shopkeeper has been fined for selling alcohol to underage girls in Elm Park.
Mr Cocelli, of Kotan Supermarket in Broadway Parade, sold a bottle of white wine to two girls aged 16 and 17 in June last year.
He pleaded guilty to selling alcohol to under 18s at Havering Magistrates Court last Friday.
He was fined �233 and ordered to pay �300 in costs.
Havering Council cabinet member for community safety, councillor Geoff Starns, said the prosecution “should serve as a warning”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Tackling antisocial and alcohol related behaviour is a priority for the council. We will continue to bring those that sell alcohol to children before the law.”
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 5 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 8 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 9 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 10 Romford church to offer new debt support scheme