Elm Park shopkeeper fined for selling alcohol to underage girls
A shopkeeper has been fined for selling alcohol to underage girls in Elm Park.
Mr Cocelli, of Kotan Supermarket in Broadway Parade, sold a bottle of white wine to two girls aged 16 and 17 in June last year.
He pleaded guilty to selling alcohol to under 18s at Havering Magistrates Court last Friday.
He was fined �233 and ordered to pay �300 in costs.
Havering Council cabinet member for community safety, councillor Geoff Starns, said the prosecution “should serve as a warning”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Tackling antisocial and alcohol related behaviour is a priority for the council. We will continue to bring those that sell alcohol to children before the law.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood