Elm Park shopkeeper fined for selling alcohol to underage girls
A shopkeeper has been fined for selling alcohol to underage girls in Elm Park.
Mr Cocelli, of Kotan Supermarket in Broadway Parade, sold a bottle of white wine to two girls aged 16 and 17 in June last year.
He pleaded guilty to selling alcohol to under 18s at Havering Magistrates Court last Friday.
He was fined �233 and ordered to pay �300 in costs.
Havering Council cabinet member for community safety, councillor Geoff Starns, said the prosecution “should serve as a warning”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Tackling antisocial and alcohol related behaviour is a priority for the council. We will continue to bring those that sell alcohol to children before the law.”
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 5 Appeal to identify bogus meter reader suspect
- 6 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 7 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
- 8 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Bid to change some Havering electoral wards scrapped after complaints