Elm Park shopkeeper fined for selling alcohol to underage girls
A shopkeeper has been fined for selling alcohol to underage girls in Elm Park.
Mr Cocelli, of Kotan Supermarket in Broadway Parade, sold a bottle of white wine to two girls aged 16 and 17 in June last year.
He pleaded guilty to selling alcohol to under 18s at Havering Magistrates Court last Friday.
He was fined �233 and ordered to pay �300 in costs.
Havering Council cabinet member for community safety, councillor Geoff Starns, said the prosecution “should serve as a warning”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Tackling antisocial and alcohol related behaviour is a priority for the council. We will continue to bring those that sell alcohol to children before the law.”
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 3 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 7 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 9 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 10 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen