Early morning ram raid on Romford store
CROOKS launched a daring ram raid on a budget supermarket in Romford on Sunday (November 14) - but fled empty-handed.
The driver, a man thought to be in his 40s, launched a silver E Class Mercedes into the loading bay doors of Aldi, in Marlborough Gardens, in the early hours.
“He attempted to gain entry to the high value stores area,” a police spokesman said. “He was unsuccessful and then left the bay - joining a second suspect. The two suspects then drove away from the scene in their vehicle.”
Police have not released a description of the other suspect.
CCTV has been collected and forensic officers have scoured the scene for clues.
You may also want to watch:
The investigation continues.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has information that could assist the investigation, should call Pc Mark Shields at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 5 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 6 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 7 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 8 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 9 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients