Early morning ram raid on Romford store
CROOKS launched a daring ram raid on a budget supermarket in Romford on Sunday (November 14) - but fled empty-handed.
The driver, a man thought to be in his 40s, launched a silver E Class Mercedes into the loading bay doors of Aldi, in Marlborough Gardens, in the early hours.
“He attempted to gain entry to the high value stores area,” a police spokesman said. “He was unsuccessful and then left the bay - joining a second suspect. The two suspects then drove away from the scene in their vehicle.”
Police have not released a description of the other suspect.
CCTV has been collected and forensic officers have scoured the scene for clues.
You may also want to watch:
The investigation continues.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has information that could assist the investigation, should call Pc Mark Shields at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 5 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 6 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 9 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?