Early morning ram raid on Romford store
CROOKS launched a daring ram raid on a budget supermarket in Romford on Sunday (November 14) - but fled empty-handed.
The driver, a man thought to be in his 40s, launched a silver E Class Mercedes into the loading bay doors of Aldi, in Marlborough Gardens, in the early hours.
“He attempted to gain entry to the high value stores area,” a police spokesman said. “He was unsuccessful and then left the bay - joining a second suspect. The two suspects then drove away from the scene in their vehicle.”
Police have not released a description of the other suspect.
CCTV has been collected and forensic officers have scoured the scene for clues.
You may also want to watch:
The investigation continues.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has information that could assist the investigation, should call Pc Mark Shields at Romford Police Station on: 0300 123 1212
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids