E-fit released after woman seriously injured in doorstop attack in Romford
- Credit: Archant
An e-fit of a man has been released by police investigating the serious assault of a woman in Romford last year.
A woman was attacked on the doorstep of an address in Carter Drive, Romford, on December 23 2014 between 6.30pm and 6.40pm after a man rang the doorbell.
The 39-year-old woman was taken to an east London hospital by London Ambulance Service and treated for facial injuries.
The suspect ran off along Carter Drive towards Collier Row Road before getting into a vehicle.
The man is described as Asian, around 5ft 9ins tall with facial stubble.
You may also want to watch:
He is said to have been wearing a plain woolly hat and dark clothing.
Anyone who can assist police is asked to call officers from Havering CID on 01708 779110 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
A 53-year-old man was arrested for conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm on December 23 2014. He was bailed to a date in late June pending further enquiries.