Seven charged following Brentwood and south Essex drug raids
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been charged with drugs offences after police raided properties in Brentwood and around south Essex.
Alongside Brentwood, the force executed a series of warrants in Canvey Island, Benfleet and Billericay last Tuesday (February 8).
Four residents of Oak Road in Billericay were arrested and have been remanded in prison.
Jimmy Heary and Sheralee Heary - aged 57 and 51 respectively - have been charged with conspiracy to supply a Class A controlled drug, conspiracy to conceal/disguise/convert/transfer/remove criminal property, and possession/control of material bearing a false trademark.
Anthony Serra and Violet Serra - aged 82 and 74 respectively - were charged with conspiracy to supply a Class A controlled drug and conspiracy to conceal/disguise/convert/transfer/remove criminal property.
Also remanded in custody was 31-year-old Jade Sandell and 35-year-old Nicholas Axford, both of Canvey Island.
They have each been charged with the same offences as the above defendants.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 4 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 5 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 6 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 7 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 8 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 9 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 10 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
Axford was also charged with affray and intimidation of a witness following a related incident.
Jasmine Burrows has been charged with conspiracy to supply a Class A controlled drug.
The 28-year-old, also of Canvey Island, has been released on bail.
Six other people arrested have been released under investigation, according to police.