Dog saves Harold Hill man from fire after he fell asleep cooking
- Credit: sub
A 67-year-old man slept through his fire alarm as his home filled with smoke after he fell asleep while cooking - but his dog came to the rescue.
The man was taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, suffering from smoke inhalation after a burning pan filled his home in Beehive Court, Gubbins Lane, Harold Wood, with fumes.
Crews from Harold Hill fire station attended at around 12.30pm after receiving a call reporting that a fire alarm was going off.
A firefighter said: “Upon arrival we found him slumped in the hallway of the property.
“Two crew members turned the cooker off and took the burnt pan off the heat and gave him oxygen.
You may also want to watch:
“It was his dog who woke him up with his barking and not the alarm.”
He added that the fire brigade recommend not leaving your cooking unattended.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 3 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 8 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Hornchurch gym sees 'growing trend' of members post-lockdown
London Ambulance Serivce (LAS) crew member Chris Hawkswell tweeted: “We are taking a man to hospital with smoke inhalation after a fire.
“The patient is stable and is going for a check over at hospital.”
A hazardous response team from LAS was also sent to test his carbon monoxide level.
More to follow.
Did you see the incident? Contact Sam on 0208 477 3892 or email@example.com.