Do you know this man? One of police’s most wanted on the run after Rush Green armed op
- Credit: Archant
A man described by police as one of their “most wanted individual” is still on the run 10 days after an armed robbery.
Armed police swarmed around Dagenham Road, Rush Green on Wednesday of last week in an attempt to catch Jack Baker but he escaped.
Two men and a woman, all in their 20s, have been arrested on suspicion of helping Baker evade police capture and have been bailed.
Baker allegedly stole a large sum of money from Ladbrokes in South Woodham Ferrers on Sunday 22.
The 20-year-old entered the bookies at 3.30pm brandishing a black handgun, forcing staff to hand over thousands of pounds. No one was injured during the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Sharon Persad said: “Jake Baker is one of the force’s most wanted individuals having carried out this violent robbery. “He brandished a weapon and endangered the lives of the customers in the shop. He needs to be caught and taken off the streets.”
She said the police had received calls from people who have seen Baker around Romford and asked for everyone to remain vigilant.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 7 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
“We need the community’s eyes and ears and urge them to call us with sightings so that we can act on the information and get him in.”
Jake Baker’s was last known to be living with relatives in South Woodham Ferrers, but has friends living in east London with sightings of him in Romford and Wickford during the past 10 days.
As well as this robbery, he is wanted on recall to prison after having been evicted from a bail hostel in south-east England in mid-September.
Jake Baker is white, approximately 5ft 10in tall and may still have a firearm so the public are advised not to approach him and call police immediately.
If you see Baker call 999 or if you have information about his location but wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.