Deviant Harold Hill teen who touched himself and groped victims as young as 11 in Havering parks avoids jail
- Credit: Archant
A perverted teenager who sexually assaulted two women and girls aged 11 and 13 in Havering parks has been handed a 12 month referral order.
The 16-year-old, from Harold Hill, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was sentenced yesterday at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court, for five separate offences.
Between November and January he touched himself and groped several victims in both Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch, and Raphaels Park, Romford.
A statement read out in court from one woman described how the teenager was walking in front of her in Harrow Lodge Park on January 4.
“He slipped his trousers down and started touching himself in front of her,” the court heard.
You may also want to watch:
“She called a man to help (and the boy ran off).
“[The man] saw him on another day and followed him to a nearby school where he was identified by the headteacher.”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
On New Year’s Day the court heard the teenager had grabbed another woman in her private area and threatened to cause her further harm if she called the police.
On a separate occasion he grabbed another victim’s bottom but she managed to take a picture of the back of his head and was able to make a positive identification to the police. The teenager had also exposed his genitals.
His defence told the court that for the past six months he had been subjected to strict bail conditions which he had fully complied with.
She said: “He feels the need to apologise to all females, even those he hasn’t offended against.”
The court heard the cause of his behaviour has not been identified yet.
Speaking in a soft voice that sounded younger than his 16 years the boy told Judge Gary Lucie: “I would just like to say I am very remorseful and I willing to get this sorted out.”
Judge Lucie asked the teenager if he understood “how traumatising this was”, to which he replied he did.
The judge continued: “If you were over the age of 18 the likelihood is you would be going to prison and have to sign the sex offenders register.
“Two of the complainants were aged 11 and 13.”