Detectives step up hunt for Romford attacker
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a serious assault last year have re-issued an e-fit of a suspect.
On December 23 2014, between 6.30-6.40pm, a man rang at the door of an address in Carter Drive, Romford.
A 39-year-old woman answered and was attacked by the man. She was taken to an east London hospital by London Ambulance Service and treated for facial injuries.
The suspect ran off along Carter Drive towards Collier Row Road before getting into a vehicle.
The man is described as tanned, around 5ft 9ins with facial stubble. He is said to have been wearing a plain woolly hat and dark clothing.
A 53-year-old man was arrested for conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm on the same day. He was subsequently bailed to a date later this month.
Anyone who can identify the man in the image should call officers from Havering CID on 01708 779110 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 7 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 8 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 9 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'