Dave West: Son to appear in court accused of father’s murder
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The son of Dave West, the Romford barrowboy turned Soho club owner killed on Friday, is set to appear in court today charged with his father’s murder.
David West, 44, of Jermyn Street, central London, will appear at the Old Bailey accused of killing his father, who has the same name.
The body of Mr West, 70, was found at a residential address - believed to be his home - in Ormond Yard behind Jermyn Street, near Piccadilly, on Friday night.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a single stab wound.
Mr West, a self-styled lord who owned nightclubs Hey Jo and Abracadabra, started out selling flowers and groceries from a stall in Romford Market.
You may also want to watch:
He has been described as a flamboyant figure and is said to have bought the title of “Lord of the Manor of Hollesley” on eBay.
• Did you know Dave West? Get in touch with your tributes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0208 477 3821.
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage