Dave West: Son to appear in court accused of father’s murder
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The son of Dave West, the Romford barrowboy turned Soho club owner killed on Friday, is set to appear in court today charged with his father’s murder.
David West, 44, of Jermyn Street, central London, will appear at the Old Bailey accused of killing his father, who has the same name.
The body of Mr West, 70, was found at a residential address - believed to be his home - in Ormond Yard behind Jermyn Street, near Piccadilly, on Friday night.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a single stab wound.
Mr West, a self-styled lord who owned nightclubs Hey Jo and Abracadabra, started out selling flowers and groceries from a stall in Romford Market.
You may also want to watch:
He has been described as a flamboyant figure and is said to have bought the title of “Lord of the Manor of Hollesley” on eBay.
• Did you know Dave West? Get in touch with your tributes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0208 477 3821.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge