Dave West: Son to appear in court accused of father’s murder
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The son of Dave West, the Romford barrowboy turned Soho club owner killed on Friday, is set to appear in court today charged with his father’s murder.
David West, 44, of Jermyn Street, central London, will appear at the Old Bailey accused of killing his father, who has the same name.
The body of Mr West, 70, was found at a residential address - believed to be his home - in Ormond Yard behind Jermyn Street, near Piccadilly, on Friday night.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a single stab wound.
Mr West, a self-styled lord who owned nightclubs Hey Jo and Abracadabra, started out selling flowers and groceries from a stall in Romford Market.
He has been described as a flamboyant figure and is said to have bought the title of “Lord of the Manor of Hollesley” on eBay.
• Did you know Dave West? Get in touch with your tributes by emailing email@example.com or calling 0208 477 3821.
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 7 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 8 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 9 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel