Dave West: Son appears in court charged with murder of one-time Romford boy
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The son of Dave West, the Romford barrowboy turned Soho club owner killed on Friday, appeared in court yesterday charged with his murder.
David West, 44, of Jermyn Street, central London, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court accused of killing his father, who has the same name.
The body of Mr West, 70, was found at a residential address - believed to be his home - in Ormond Yard behind Jermyn Street, near Piccadilly, on Friday night.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a single stab wound.
Mr West, a self-styled lord who owned nightclubs Hey Jo and Abracadabra, started out selling flowers and groceries from a stall in Romford Market.
You may also want to watch:
He has been described as a flamboyant figure and is said to have bought the title of “Lord of the Manor of Hollesley” on eBay.
District judge Margot Coleman referred the case to Old Bailey, where it will be heard tomorrow.
- 1 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 2 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 9 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
• Did you know Dave West? Get in touch with your tributes by emailing email@example.com or calling 0208 477 3821.