Dave West: Son appears in court charged with murder of one-time Romford boy
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The son of Dave West, the Romford barrowboy turned Soho club owner killed on Friday, appeared in court yesterday charged with his murder.
David West, 44, of Jermyn Street, central London, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court accused of killing his father, who has the same name.
The body of Mr West, 70, was found at a residential address - believed to be his home - in Ormond Yard behind Jermyn Street, near Piccadilly, on Friday night.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a single stab wound.
Mr West, a self-styled lord who owned nightclubs Hey Jo and Abracadabra, started out selling flowers and groceries from a stall in Romford Market.
You may also want to watch:
He has been described as a flamboyant figure and is said to have bought the title of “Lord of the Manor of Hollesley” on eBay.
District judge Margot Coleman referred the case to Old Bailey, where it will be heard tomorrow.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
• Did you know Dave West? Get in touch with your tributes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0208 477 3821.