Dave West: Son appears in court charged with murder of one-time Romford boy
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The son of Dave West, the Romford barrowboy turned Soho club owner killed on Friday, appeared in court yesterday charged with his murder.
David West, 44, of Jermyn Street, central London, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court accused of killing his father, who has the same name.
The body of Mr West, 70, was found at a residential address - believed to be his home - in Ormond Yard behind Jermyn Street, near Piccadilly, on Friday night.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a single stab wound.
Mr West, a self-styled lord who owned nightclubs Hey Jo and Abracadabra, started out selling flowers and groceries from a stall in Romford Market.
You may also want to watch:
He has been described as a flamboyant figure and is said to have bought the title of “Lord of the Manor of Hollesley” on eBay.
District judge Margot Coleman referred the case to Old Bailey, where it will be heard tomorrow.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 5 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 8 'My girls aren't sleeping': Harold Hill family searching for Pog the dog
- 9 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
• Did you know Dave West? Get in touch with your tributes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0208 477 3821.