Criminals targeting cash machines across Havering
- Credit: Archant
Cash points in the borough are being targeted by card copying machines.
A skimming device was recovered from an ATM at Tesco Extra in Hornchurch on Saturday morning. It was on the machine nearest the store.
An email sent by Havering Police to members of the public stated: “Cash points at Tescos are being targeted across the borough and this is the fourth device that has been seized at this location.”
The email goes on to detail the types of machines being used at ATMs.
Devices include those which copy cards, swallow cards or stop the cash from coming out while the person believes their transaction is incomplete.
You may also want to watch:
Hidden cameras film the PIN number being typed in so it can be used by those fixing the devices to the cash points.
The police said: “If you use an ATM, always remember to shield your PIN number when entering.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 3 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 8 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 9 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 10 Hornchurch gym sees 'growing trend' of members post-lockdown
“Your card is no good to them if they do not know your PIN.”