Criminals targeting cash machines across Havering
- Credit: Archant
Cash points in the borough are being targeted by card copying machines.
A skimming device was recovered from an ATM at Tesco Extra in Hornchurch on Saturday morning. It was on the machine nearest the store.
An email sent by Havering Police to members of the public stated: “Cash points at Tescos are being targeted across the borough and this is the fourth device that has been seized at this location.”
The email goes on to detail the types of machines being used at ATMs.
Devices include those which copy cards, swallow cards or stop the cash from coming out while the person believes their transaction is incomplete.
You may also want to watch:
Hidden cameras film the PIN number being typed in so it can be used by those fixing the devices to the cash points.
The police said: “If you use an ATM, always remember to shield your PIN number when entering.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
“Your card is no good to them if they do not know your PIN.”