Criminals targeting cash machines across Havering
- Credit: Archant
Cash points in the borough are being targeted by card copying machines.
A skimming device was recovered from an ATM at Tesco Extra in Hornchurch on Saturday morning. It was on the machine nearest the store.
An email sent by Havering Police to members of the public stated: “Cash points at Tescos are being targeted across the borough and this is the fourth device that has been seized at this location.”
The email goes on to detail the types of machines being used at ATMs.
Devices include those which copy cards, swallow cards or stop the cash from coming out while the person believes their transaction is incomplete.
You may also want to watch:
Hidden cameras film the PIN number being typed in so it can be used by those fixing the devices to the cash points.
The police said: “If you use an ATM, always remember to shield your PIN number when entering.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
“Your card is no good to them if they do not know your PIN.”