Criminals targeting cash machines across Havering
- Credit: Archant
Cash points in the borough are being targeted by card copying machines.
A skimming device was recovered from an ATM at Tesco Extra in Hornchurch on Saturday morning. It was on the machine nearest the store.
An email sent by Havering Police to members of the public stated: “Cash points at Tescos are being targeted across the borough and this is the fourth device that has been seized at this location.”
The email goes on to detail the types of machines being used at ATMs.
Devices include those which copy cards, swallow cards or stop the cash from coming out while the person believes their transaction is incomplete.
You may also want to watch:
Hidden cameras film the PIN number being typed in so it can be used by those fixing the devices to the cash points.
The police said: “If you use an ATM, always remember to shield your PIN number when entering.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“Your card is no good to them if they do not know your PIN.”