Crime writer Martina Cole to launch new novel at book signing event at The Liberty Romford
- Credit: Archant
One of the UK’s best-loved crime writers will delight fans by signing copies of her new novel at a shopping centre on Saturday.
Martina Cole, famous for The Jump, The Take, Dangerous Lady and many more will visit the Liberty Shopping Centre in Romford from noon.
Known to fans as the “queen of crime”, the bestselling author will promote her twenty-third book Betrayal at WHSmith in the complex’s Liberty Square.
“My readers are fabulous,” she said.
“They are so loyal.”
You may also want to watch:
Betrayal follows the lives of Aiden O’Hara, Jade Dixon and their struggle to come to terms with the haunting realisation that its often the ones closest to you that you have to watch.
“It takes me about a year to write a book from start to finish,” added Martina.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 5 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 8 'My girls aren't sleeping': Harold Hill family searching for Pog the dog
- 9 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
“You always enjoy the book you’re writing at the moment.”
The novelist is now working on the fourth and final installment of Lady Killer which she plans to finish next year.
Martina, who used to run a nursing agency before becoming a full-time writer, said she gains the inspiration for her novels from “everywhere”.
“I’m really lucky, I really enjoy it all. I can be with people I want to be with and if I don’t like them, I can just kill them.”
Encouraging other aspiring novelists, the grandmother-of-three offered some inspiration.
“Just go for it,” she said.
“Write what you want to want. I just love books, the next step was writing.
“I think everyone’s got a story to tell and some people want to tell it.”
Centre Manager Jonathan Poole added: “We’re honoured that Martina has once again decided to celebrate the launch of her new book at The Liberty and we look forward to greeting her.
“We know that Martina has a lot of fans in Romford, so we are expecting a very busy day.”
WHSmith store manager, Andy Sweatman continued: “We’re very excited to be welcoming Martina Cole to our Romford store.
“Martina’s books are read by millions across the world and her signings always prove to be very popular.
“We are expecting to see the familiar faces of her returning fans in the queue on Saturday, as well as new fans coming to meet her.”