Crime thriller writer to sign latest book at Romford shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
A popular crime thriller author will be attending Romford Shopping Hall on Saturday, to sign copies of her latest book.
Mickey’s Revenge is the fourth book in the Taylor family series by crime fiction writer Sandra Prior and follows her previous books Dangerous, Diamond Geezer and Mickey’s War.
Sandra was inspired to delve into the world of fiction by her love of writing and the work of fellow crime thriller writer Martina Cole.
She credits social media for the success of her books.
Sandra said: “I went down the self-publishing route and through Facebook and other social networking my books took off.”
Sandra whose first book, Dangerous, took five to six years to write, almost gave up on her dream of becoming an author after agents turned it down.
Encouraging budding writers, she said: “Be optimistic and hopeful because you never know.”
- 1 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 2 Apology issued after NHS nurse 'was failed by short-staffed Queen's Hospital maternity ward'
- 3 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 4 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 5 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 6 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 7 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 8 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 9 13 flats and three commercial units in new four-storey block approved for Romford town centre
- 10 NEU brands restructure 'detrimental' while trust says union 'not putting pupils first': Harold Hill school strikes resume
The event will take place at the Alpha Book Company in the shopping centre, in the Market Place, between 11am and 1pm.