Creative talent showcased at Havering College exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Emerging talent set to take the creative industries by storm will be on display at Havering College of Further and Higher Education.
An end-of-year exhibition will showcase the work of students from across the range of creative arts from June 17-20.
Amara Clapperton, 18, will show an installation entitled Mythical Assemblage. The work features handcrafted models of weird and wonderful creatures and is inspired by her ancestor Hugh Clapperton, a Scottish naval officer and explorer.
She said: “I have envisaged an island, just off the coast of Africa, on which he gets trapped and the environment and creatures he encounters. I am making a journal for the exhibition and will be including some information on Hugh Clapperton.”
On June 17 the exhibition launch will coincide with an open college event with teaching teams on hand to give information and advice on college courses from 4.30pm-8pm.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will take place at the Centre of Creative Arts at the college’s Ardleigh Green Campus, in Hornchurch.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex