Creative talent showcased at Havering College exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Emerging talent set to take the creative industries by storm will be on display at Havering College of Further and Higher Education.
An end-of-year exhibition will showcase the work of students from across the range of creative arts from June 17-20.
Amara Clapperton, 18, will show an installation entitled Mythical Assemblage. The work features handcrafted models of weird and wonderful creatures and is inspired by her ancestor Hugh Clapperton, a Scottish naval officer and explorer.
She said: “I have envisaged an island, just off the coast of Africa, on which he gets trapped and the environment and creatures he encounters. I am making a journal for the exhibition and will be including some information on Hugh Clapperton.”
On June 17 the exhibition launch will coincide with an open college event with teaching teams on hand to give information and advice on college courses from 4.30pm-8pm.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will take place at the Centre of Creative Arts at the college’s Ardleigh Green Campus, in Hornchurch.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids