Creative talent showcased at Havering College exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Emerging talent set to take the creative industries by storm will be on display at Havering College of Further and Higher Education.
An end-of-year exhibition will showcase the work of students from across the range of creative arts from June 17-20.
Amara Clapperton, 18, will show an installation entitled Mythical Assemblage. The work features handcrafted models of weird and wonderful creatures and is inspired by her ancestor Hugh Clapperton, a Scottish naval officer and explorer.
She said: “I have envisaged an island, just off the coast of Africa, on which he gets trapped and the environment and creatures he encounters. I am making a journal for the exhibition and will be including some information on Hugh Clapperton.”
On June 17 the exhibition launch will coincide with an open college event with teaching teams on hand to give information and advice on college courses from 4.30pm-8pm.
The exhibition will take place at the Centre of Creative Arts at the college’s Ardleigh Green Campus, in Hornchurch.
- 1 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 2 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 3 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 4 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 5 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 6 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 7 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 8 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 9 Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- 10 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham