Court appearance for Harold Hill man accused of murdering soldier Lee Rigby
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The two men accused of murdering soldier Lee Rigby will appear in court today.
Michael Adebolajo, 28, from Harold Hill, and Michael Adebowale, 22, from Greenwich, south-east London, are charged with killing Fusilier Rigby as he returned to Woolwich barracks in south-east London on May 22.
The father of one died from multiple cut and stab wounds when he was attacked in Artillery Place.
Adebolajo and Adebowale are expected to appear via videolink at the Old Bailey today for a plea and case management hearing, and a preparatory hearing.
Adebolajo is also accused of the attempted murder of two police officers and possession of a firearm - a 9.4mm KNIL model 91 revolver - with intent to cause others to believe that violence would be used.
You may also want to watch:
He has asked to be known as Mujaahid Abu Hamza in court.
He claimed that he was attacked by prison guards while being held on remand at high-security jail Belmarsh, and lost two teeth while he was restrained.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 10 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
The Prison Officers’ Association insisted that the staff had used only approved techniques.