Court appearance for Harold Hill man accused of murdering soldier Lee Rigby
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The two men accused of murdering soldier Lee Rigby will appear in court today.
Michael Adebolajo, 28, from Harold Hill, and Michael Adebowale, 22, from Greenwich, south-east London, are charged with killing Fusilier Rigby as he returned to Woolwich barracks in south-east London on May 22.
The father of one died from multiple cut and stab wounds when he was attacked in Artillery Place.
Adebolajo and Adebowale are expected to appear via videolink at the Old Bailey today for a plea and case management hearing, and a preparatory hearing.
Adebolajo is also accused of the attempted murder of two police officers and possession of a firearm - a 9.4mm KNIL model 91 revolver - with intent to cause others to believe that violence would be used.
You may also want to watch:
He has asked to be known as Mujaahid Abu Hamza in court.
He claimed that he was attacked by prison guards while being held on remand at high-security jail Belmarsh, and lost two teeth while he was restrained.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 3 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 4 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
The Prison Officers’ Association insisted that the staff had used only approved techniques.