Court appearance for Harold Hill man accused of murdering soldier Lee Rigby
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The two men accused of murdering soldier Lee Rigby will appear in court today.
Michael Adebolajo, 28, from Harold Hill, and Michael Adebowale, 22, from Greenwich, south-east London, are charged with killing Fusilier Rigby as he returned to Woolwich barracks in south-east London on May 22.
The father of one died from multiple cut and stab wounds when he was attacked in Artillery Place.
Adebolajo and Adebowale are expected to appear via videolink at the Old Bailey today for a plea and case management hearing, and a preparatory hearing.
Adebolajo is also accused of the attempted murder of two police officers and possession of a firearm - a 9.4mm KNIL model 91 revolver - with intent to cause others to believe that violence would be used.
You may also want to watch:
He has asked to be known as Mujaahid Abu Hamza in court.
He claimed that he was attacked by prison guards while being held on remand at high-security jail Belmarsh, and lost two teeth while he was restrained.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 6 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 10 Havering South is one of the best vaccination teams in the country
The Prison Officers’ Association insisted that the staff had used only approved techniques.