Court appearance for Harold Hill man accused of murdering soldier Lee Rigby
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The two men accused of murdering soldier Lee Rigby will appear in court today.
Michael Adebolajo, 28, from Harold Hill, and Michael Adebowale, 22, from Greenwich, south-east London, are charged with killing Fusilier Rigby as he returned to Woolwich barracks in south-east London on May 22.
The father of one died from multiple cut and stab wounds when he was attacked in Artillery Place.
Adebolajo and Adebowale are expected to appear via videolink at the Old Bailey today for a plea and case management hearing, and a preparatory hearing.
Adebolajo is also accused of the attempted murder of two police officers and possession of a firearm - a 9.4mm KNIL model 91 revolver - with intent to cause others to believe that violence would be used.
You may also want to watch:
He has asked to be known as Mujaahid Abu Hamza in court.
He claimed that he was attacked by prison guards while being held on remand at high-security jail Belmarsh, and lost two teeth while he was restrained.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 9 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal
The Prison Officers’ Association insisted that the staff had used only approved techniques.