Collier Row stabbing: Rollerbowl witnesses describe horror and victim named
- Credit: Google Maps
Children screamed as a teenager was stabbed at a bowling alley food court on Friday night - the first of two restaurant stabbings in a matter of days.
Andrew Sielele, 18, stabbed in front of diners at Rollerbowl in the City Pavilion, Collier Row Road, Collier Row.
Police were called to the scene by London Ambulance just after 10.30pm and Andy was treated for a stab wound to the back before being taken to hospital.
One witness said: “I was just on a night out bowling, I didn’t expect anything like that to happen.
“There were screams from children and one man was really angry because it happened so close to his little girl, who was only about three or four. Everybody started leaving.”
Another person said they no longer felt comfortable eating in restaurants following the traumatic experience.
Police arrested a 39-year-old man from Ilford, who has been bailed until March 13.
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 4 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 5 Free giveaway: Bereaved Hornchurch man to distribute new invention created while wife was terminally ill
- 6 Fire which destroys Rainham flat 'caused by laptop'
- 7 Roads reopen and residents return home after A127 Upminster crash into gas main
- 8 Man suffers 'life-threatening' injuries after vehicle hits gas main on A127
- 9 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 10 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
Then, on Monday night, a fight broke out in Nando’s in High Street, Hornchurch, resulting in injuries to two people.
Police were called at 9.20pm and a 21-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering from a stab wound before being discharged later that night.
The other person was treated for head injuries at the scene.
No arrests were made and the restaurant remained closed for the rest of the night while officers investigated.
Last March, a fight broke out between warring tables at Cosmo Asian restaurant in The Brewery Shopping Centre, Romford that resulted in people “whipping each other with belts.”