Collier Row stabbing: Rollerbowl witnesses describe horror and victim named
- Credit: Google Maps
Children screamed as a teenager was stabbed at a bowling alley food court on Friday night - the first of two restaurant stabbings in a matter of days.
Andrew Sielele, 18, stabbed in front of diners at Rollerbowl in the City Pavilion, Collier Row Road, Collier Row.
Police were called to the scene by London Ambulance just after 10.30pm and Andy was treated for a stab wound to the back before being taken to hospital.
One witness said: “I was just on a night out bowling, I didn’t expect anything like that to happen.
“There were screams from children and one man was really angry because it happened so close to his little girl, who was only about three or four. Everybody started leaving.”
You may also want to watch:
Another person said they no longer felt comfortable eating in restaurants following the traumatic experience.
Police arrested a 39-year-old man from Ilford, who has been bailed until March 13.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
Then, on Monday night, a fight broke out in Nando’s in High Street, Hornchurch, resulting in injuries to two people.
Police were called at 9.20pm and a 21-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering from a stab wound before being discharged later that night.
The other person was treated for head injuries at the scene.
No arrests were made and the restaurant remained closed for the rest of the night while officers investigated.
Last March, a fight broke out between warring tables at Cosmo Asian restaurant in The Brewery Shopping Centre, Romford that resulted in people “whipping each other with belts.”