Collier Row stabbing: Rollerbowl witnesses describe horror and victim named
- Credit: Google Maps
Children screamed as a teenager was stabbed at a bowling alley food court on Friday night - the first of two restaurant stabbings in a matter of days.
Andrew Sielele, 18, stabbed in front of diners at Rollerbowl in the City Pavilion, Collier Row Road, Collier Row.
Police were called to the scene by London Ambulance just after 10.30pm and Andy was treated for a stab wound to the back before being taken to hospital.
One witness said: “I was just on a night out bowling, I didn’t expect anything like that to happen.
“There were screams from children and one man was really angry because it happened so close to his little girl, who was only about three or four. Everybody started leaving.”
You may also want to watch:
Another person said they no longer felt comfortable eating in restaurants following the traumatic experience.
Police arrested a 39-year-old man from Ilford, who has been bailed until March 13.
- 1 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 7 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 8 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 9 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
Then, on Monday night, a fight broke out in Nando’s in High Street, Hornchurch, resulting in injuries to two people.
Police were called at 9.20pm and a 21-year-old man was taken to hospital suffering from a stab wound before being discharged later that night.
The other person was treated for head injuries at the scene.
No arrests were made and the restaurant remained closed for the rest of the night while officers investigated.
Last March, a fight broke out between warring tables at Cosmo Asian restaurant in The Brewery Shopping Centre, Romford that resulted in people “whipping each other with belts.”