Collier Row mum loses all pictures of young children following phone theft
- Credit: Archant
A mother has made a desperate plea to thieves who stole her mobile phone containing all of the photos of her young children.
Hayley Grant, 29, of Collier Row, had her Samsung Galaxy Note 2 pinched from her bag while she was shopping in Accessorize in The Liberty shopping centre in Romford.
It contained nearly three years’ worth of photos of her children, five-year-old Oliver and Lucia, two.
Now, distraught Hayley is appealing for the return of the photos, which are stored on a removable memory card.
“I’m not bothered about the handset now,” she said. “I just want the memory card with all my photos back. I had every single photo ever taken of my young children on there.
You may also want to watch:
“It was taken in a 10-second spell while I was shopping with a friend. Stupidly, I hadn’t backed up the images. I am devastated – I’ve lost the photos of them growing up.”
The phone is worth about £300. Police have viewed CCTV footage from the shop, which shows the theft.
- 1 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
Jonathan Poole, centre manager of The Liberty, said: “We are sorry to hear the theft of Ms Grant’s belongings. This is an isolated incident and we are working with the police to ensure a swift recovery. We are doing all we can to see the recovery of the mobile phone.”
Police are investigating the incident and no arrests have been made.