Collier Row mum loses all pictures of young children following phone theft
- Credit: Archant
A mother has made a desperate plea to thieves who stole her mobile phone containing all of the photos of her young children.
Hayley Grant, 29, of Collier Row, had her Samsung Galaxy Note 2 pinched from her bag while she was shopping in Accessorize in The Liberty shopping centre in Romford.
It contained nearly three years’ worth of photos of her children, five-year-old Oliver and Lucia, two.
Now, distraught Hayley is appealing for the return of the photos, which are stored on a removable memory card.
“I’m not bothered about the handset now,” she said. “I just want the memory card with all my photos back. I had every single photo ever taken of my young children on there.
You may also want to watch:
“It was taken in a 10-second spell while I was shopping with a friend. Stupidly, I hadn’t backed up the images. I am devastated – I’ve lost the photos of them growing up.”
The phone is worth about £300. Police have viewed CCTV footage from the shop, which shows the theft.
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 9 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 10 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
Jonathan Poole, centre manager of The Liberty, said: “We are sorry to hear the theft of Ms Grant’s belongings. This is an isolated incident and we are working with the police to ensure a swift recovery. We are doing all we can to see the recovery of the mobile phone.”
Police are investigating the incident and no arrests have been made.