Collier Row man jailed for 24 years for part in paedophile ring
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A Collier Row man who was part of a paedophile ring that subjected children to sexual and physical abuse over more than a decade has been jailed for 24 years.
Michael Rogers, 46, of Defoe Way, was found guilty of 14 offences including cruelty, rape and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity in July.
He was sentenced alongside two others at Norwich Crown Court, today.
Marie Black, 34, of Atkinson Close, Norwich, was said to be at the centre of the sex abuse ring . She was jailed for life with a minimum term of 24 years.
Black had been convicted of 23 offences including rape, conspiracy to rape and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Adams, 44, from Aspland Road, Norwich, was found guilty of 13 similar counts and sentenced to 24 years.
Judge Nicholas Coleman said: “The case is the most harrowing it has been my misfortune to try. I and the jurors had to listen to the truly gruesome detail of what took place.
- 1 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 4 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 5 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 8 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
“Your conduct towards these children can only be described as utterly depraved – the children were subjected to sexual abuse of the worst kind.
“They were simply passed around like toys.”
Both Rogers, a former bus driver, and Adams were also made the subject of Sexual Harm Prevention Orders.
A fourth defendant, Carol Stadler, 60, of Atkinson Close, Norwich was jailed for six months after being found guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
She was cleared of nine other charges.
Seven others stood trial but were cleared of all alleged sex offences.