Collier Row man jailed for 24 years for part in paedophile ring
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A Collier Row man who was part of a paedophile ring that subjected children to sexual and physical abuse over more than a decade has been jailed for 24 years.
Michael Rogers, 46, of Defoe Way, was found guilty of 14 offences including cruelty, rape and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity in July.
He was sentenced alongside two others at Norwich Crown Court, today.
Marie Black, 34, of Atkinson Close, Norwich, was said to be at the centre of the sex abuse ring . She was jailed for life with a minimum term of 24 years.
Black had been convicted of 23 offences including rape, conspiracy to rape and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Adams, 44, from Aspland Road, Norwich, was found guilty of 13 similar counts and sentenced to 24 years.
Judge Nicholas Coleman said: “The case is the most harrowing it has been my misfortune to try. I and the jurors had to listen to the truly gruesome detail of what took place.
- 1 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 2 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 5 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 6 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 7 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly
- 8 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
“Your conduct towards these children can only be described as utterly depraved – the children were subjected to sexual abuse of the worst kind.
“They were simply passed around like toys.”
Both Rogers, a former bus driver, and Adams were also made the subject of Sexual Harm Prevention Orders.
A fourth defendant, Carol Stadler, 60, of Atkinson Close, Norwich was jailed for six months after being found guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
She was cleared of nine other charges.
Seven others stood trial but were cleared of all alleged sex offences.