Collier Row Library users enjoy revamp
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Collier Row can now enjoy a bigger and brighter library following a refurbishment.
The library in Collier Row Road has been painted inside and out, new flooring and lighting have been installed, new tables put in, and there is a revamped children’s corner.
The upgrade has also created a workshop and study area for group and individual study.
Every Friday, the Knit and Natter group gather at the library and members say they enjoy their time there even more now.
Member June Eacott said: “I’ve been coming here for five years and it’s so much better now.
You may also want to watch:
“The space is bigger, more comfortable and communal, so we can talk and help each other more.”
Patricia Evans, another member, added: “One of the best things is that you’re not sitting at home alone. If I didn’t have this, that’s where I’d be.”
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
Cllr Andrew Curtin, cabinet member for culture, towns and communities, said: “Libraries are the heart and soul of a community, more now than ever before, shown by a big increase in library membership in Havering over recent years.
“That’s why we’re committed to keeping and investing in more libraries in the borough and it’s great to see that everyone is making the most of their great new facilities at Collier Row.”