Cocaine, gun and cash found in Upminster home
- Credit: Archant
A handgun, 5kg of cocaine and £100,000 in cash were found in an Upminster home.
Jamie Williams, 37, of Amery Gardens, Gidea Park, is one of two men to face charges relating to supplying the Class A drug following the bust.
National Crime Agency (NCA) and Met officers, working through the Middle Market Drugs Partnership (MMDP), arrested two men in Pimlico, one in Greencoat Place and a second nearby in Denbigh Street.
During a search of an address in Bird Lane, Upminster, officers recovered a further five kilos of cocaine, a handgun, nine rounds of ammunition, around £100,000 cash, a CS gas canister, cutting agents, a hydraulic press and drug packaging equipment.
Jamie Williams was charged with being concerned in the supply of cocaine, possession of a firearm and money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
Abdimislam Abdi, 38, of Erasmus Street, Westminster, was charged with being concerned in the supply of cocaine.
Both men appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday and were remanded in custody until their appearance at Southwark Crown Court next Monday.
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 3 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 7 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Havering pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating