Cocaine, gun and cash found in Upminster home
- Credit: Archant
A handgun, 5kg of cocaine and £100,000 in cash were found in an Upminster home.
Jamie Williams, 37, of Amery Gardens, Gidea Park, is one of two men to face charges relating to supplying the Class A drug following the bust.
National Crime Agency (NCA) and Met officers, working through the Middle Market Drugs Partnership (MMDP), arrested two men in Pimlico, one in Greencoat Place and a second nearby in Denbigh Street.
During a search of an address in Bird Lane, Upminster, officers recovered a further five kilos of cocaine, a handgun, nine rounds of ammunition, around £100,000 cash, a CS gas canister, cutting agents, a hydraulic press and drug packaging equipment.
Jamie Williams was charged with being concerned in the supply of cocaine, possession of a firearm and money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
Abdimislam Abdi, 38, of Erasmus Street, Westminster, was charged with being concerned in the supply of cocaine.
Both men appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday and were remanded in custody until their appearance at Southwark Crown Court next Monday.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice